Chapter 24:

It had been five days since Harry woke up and he was doing well. His wound was healing nicely and he could even walk slowly and not more than five meters but the point was he was walking.

            “Jade! Please, I am begging you get me out of this bed!” Harry begged for the billionth time that day.

            “If I do will you promise to shut up?”

            “Yes!”

So with that I went to the nurses’ station and begged the nurses and they supplied us with a wheelchair. Once we got Harry into the chair I asked him where he wanted to go.

            “I want to see Zayn.”

            “Harry, I’m not sure-”

            “Yes.”

Wheeling Harry to Zayn’s room the only thing I could think about was if Perrie would be more slumped and depressed and tired then she was yesterday.

            “You okay?” Harry asked noticing my quietness.

I hadn’t told him how depressed Perrie was that Zayn hadn’t woken up yet. Perrie barely held Alexa let alone look after her, the job of Alexa’s care had fallen to Hope and Louis and they took it on gracefully even though they had Connor and Sophie to look after.

            “Jade!” Harry shouted and I snapped out of my daydream. “You okay?”

            “Yeah, I’m fine,” I told him as we rounded into Zayn’s corridor. I stopped Harry at Zayn’s door to see Perrie talking to an unconscious Zayn.

She was holding his hand with her back facing the door so I couldn’t see her face but I could hear her.

            “You know, I still remember when we announced that we were having a baby. We had that concert and announced it to the fans. It spread so quickly that by the time we got home Twitter was exploding. The amount of hate we got. I remember believing the comments, believing I’d be a bad mother and I remember you telling me I’d be the best mum ever and I may not be the best mum ever but I am a good mum. I’m a good mum but it’s because of you. Please wake up, babe, because I can’t be a good mum without you and our daughter needs her daddy. I need her daddy. So you need to wake up.”

Perrie sniffed and rested her head on the side of Zayn’s bed. Without a word I wheeled Harry back to his room.

            “Has Perrie even left his side once?”

            “Unless it’s to go to the bathroom she’s been by his side. We’ve had to bring food to her.”

            “Harry. Jade,” a voice called from down the hallway. I turned around to see Perrie standing at Zayn’s door.

            “Hey Perrie,” I said as I turned Harry around.

            “He, he hasn’t woken up yet.”

            “He will,” I assured her.

            “But what if he doesn’t?”

            “Hey, I don’t want you thinking like that!” Harry told her. “He’s Zayn from One Direction and he’s your husband. If anyone is going to bounce back from a coma its Zayn.”

            “Curls here has a point and Zayn is probably just being lazy and not wanting to wake up,” I joked and Perrie smiled slyly.