Chapter 4:

My body tensed up and I was mentally bashing myself. How could I have just blurted it out like that? I was so stupid sometimes.

            “Jade?”

            “Perrie,” I said turning around. Her face looked blank and Alexa was playing with Perrie’s fingers.

            “You have cancer? That’s why you’re going on hiatus,” she realised. “Oh my God! Were you even going to tell us?”

            “Perrie I swear I was, that’s why I came but I got here and it was never the right time.”

            “It’s never going to be the right time! Does Harry know?” she asked bluntly and I flinched.

            “No, I can’t tell him. I just can’t!”

            “If you won’t then I will! He deserves to know! I can’t believe you didn’t tell us before!” she stormed out of the room and I was chasing after her.

            “Perrie! Don’t you dare! This is my thing to tell when I’m ready!”

            “What’s going on?” Louis asked as he ran a towel through his wet hair.

            “Jade, are you crying?” Harry asked. “What’s going on?”

            “Jade why don’t you tell him?”

            “Perrie,” I said angrily.

            “She has cancer.”

            “What?” Harry and Louis both said simultaneously. I just looked at Perrie in complete and utter shock along with betrayal. I couldn’t believe she’d do that. With tears streaming down my face I bolted out of the hotel room and headed straight towards the elevator. I pressed the button angrily and when it didn’t come straight away I banged on the door.

            “Come on! Faster!” I cried out.

            “Jade!” I heard Harry call from the other end of the corridor. He sprinted towards me as the elevator doors opened and I slipped inside pressing the button for the pool. The doors were closing when Harry slid in.

            “Jade,” he said, “Is it true?”

I couldn’t find my voice so I just nodded.

            “You have cancer?” he asked to make sure and I nodded again. “What kind? Are you going to be okay?”

I couldn’t find the words. I knew what I wanted to say I just couldn’t make them come out of my mouth.

            “Jade!” he yelled impatiently and I flinched.

            “Yes! I have cancer! In my stomach! It’s stage two and that’s why I’m taking a hiatus! I need to have 3 cycles of chemo therapy before I go in for surgery to get the cancer out and then to make sure it doesn’t come back I have to go through another 3 cycles!”

            “You lied,” he stated. “You said you were fine! You’re not fine!”

            “I’m sorry. I was going to tell you but there was never the right time. I just…couldn’t.”

            “So what after you started your chemo you were going to call me up and be like ‘hey I know I was in Spain the other week but I forgot to mention I have cancer’!” he slammed his fist on the wall of the elevator.