Chapter 9:

Perrie and I had fun smoking my kitchen out whilst burning dinner. Needless to say we were both terrible cooks. Forgetting to check the times of when we put frozen chicken pieces in the oven and then forgetting to check up on them. In the end we just ordered two lasagnes from a pizzeria and got them delivered to the house.

Perrie and I decided to transform my living room into a pit of blankets and pillows barricaded by the couches. We watched movies and it felt like the old days, before Perrie had met Zayn and became a mum and before I had cancer.

Perrie brought the laptop out so we could research ourselves and laugh at stupid rumours and articles. I typed in ‘Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards’ and rolled my eyes at the first article: ‘Perrie Edwards and Zayn Malik: Trouble In Paradise’.

            “Geez!” I said dramatically, “Don’t they know its Perrie Malik!”

            “Urgh!” Perrie said going along with it. “They are so stupid! I mean come on we have been married for like three months now!”

We laughed as I clicked the article.

            “Okay lets see what Mr and Mrs Malik have been up to,” I said wagging my eyebrows. “Perrie Edwards was seen leaving her husband, One Direction star Zayn Malik, in Louisiana and their 10 month old baby! Zayn has denied that they are breaking up and has stated that ‘she’s just gone to visit a friend’. He was careful not to give anymore details then that but will Zayn Malik be able to cope by himself with his cute as a button daughter?”

            “Excuse me Alexandria is eleven months!”

            “That is an outrage!” There was a photo of Zayn holding Alexa going into a tour bus. I looked at Perrie and saw her pouting.

            “I miss them!”

            “Hey! No pity parties tonight! Ohh! We should watch Bridesmaids!”

            “We should have chocolate.”

            “Agreed. I’ll get the movie from the other apartment, you get the chocolate,” I told her as I pulled a hoodie on.

We were lying side by side facing the ceiling in the dark. We had switched off the TV and were ready for bed in our pit of blankets.

            “Can you imagine we didn’t audition for X-Factor and never met?” I asked Perrie. “Things would be so different. I wouldn’t have you or the girls. Or Harry and the boys.”

            “I don’t know,” Perrie said. “I feel like it was fate. I think, now this is gonna sound stupid, but I think it was destiny.”

I snorted but tried not to laugh.

            “Destiny? Really Perrie?”

            “Yes! I mean what were the chances that we all auditioned for X-Factor at the same time and were put into the same group. And when we were put into a group we clicked instantly! We were the first girl group to win! I think somehow it was destiny. If we didn’t meet how we did, then we would’ve met some other way…it just would’ve taken longer.”

            “I think we were very lucky with the X-Factor.”

            “We were. It’s destiny,” Perrie said seriously and I giggled again and she nudged me with her elbow.

            “So basically you believe that there is a greater grand design situation going on that chooses who is gonna meet and fall in love?”