Chapter 19:

Not ten seconds after I walked into my flat after dropping Harry off at the airport there was a knock at the door. Let me remind you that it was around four thirty in the morning so imagine my shock at hearing a knock at the door. I crept to the door on the tip of my toes and lightly pressed my hands to the door as my eye looked through the peep hole. Gemma was standing outside my door with what looked like a tub of ice cream, in her flannel pyjamas wearing large reading glasses. Confused I opened the door.

            “Hey!” she said waltzing straight in. Baffled I closed the door behind her.

            “Gemma! What are you doing here? It’s like four thirty in the morning!”

            “Well Harry didn’t want you to be alone so I said I’d come hang out with you for a few days. Did he not tell you?” I shook my head and she shrugged. “Probably wanted to surprise you.”
            “Or give me a heart attack,” I muttered as my phone buzzed. I checked the message and it was from Harry, ‘By the way, Gemma is coming over to keep you company.’ “Or he forgot,” I laughed showing the message to Gemma, who rolled her eyes and tsked.

            “He has the worse memory! I don’t know how you put up with him. I remember when we were younger and he’d finish the cereal or milk or something he’d always forget to write it on mum’s shopping list. He was lucky he was cute.”

            “So are we sleeping or are we going to watch a movie?”

            “Harry Potter marathon?” she asked with daring eyes.

            “I’ll get the popcorn!”

            “It’s four in the morning!”

            “And?”

            “Good point,” she said shrugging as she put the ice cream on the coffee table. “Get two spoons for the ice cream!”

            “What kind of ice cream?” I asked her.

            “Cookies and cream!”

            “Yum!”

            “Hurry, the movie is starting!”

And that was how we spent all day watching Harry Potter. Even at the hospital, I brought my laptop with me and we watched it on that. We spent most of the day in our jammies and laughing around.

            “So tell me stories about Harry when he was little!” I asked happily.

            “Ok then, um…oh! Okay Harry was a short kid, he only got tall once he hit puberty and one time mum, Harry and I, he would’ve been around four maybe five, anyway we went to the shops for Christmas shopping so the centre was packed. Harry had a balloon after almost throwing a tantrum when we went passed this place that sold helium balloons. Anyways about ten minutes later we lost him in the food court, which was packed to the max. No free tables, lines going for meters. Mum and I were like ‘crap how are we gonna find little Harry?’ When we remembered the balloon. So we said we’d look up high for a balloon. We looked around and around for a balloon but no balloons in sight. We found Harry in front of McDonald’s ten minutes later hugging the balloon.”

            “Awe!”

            “Poor mum almost had a heart attack!”

            “But that’s so cute!”

Gemma then proceeded to tell me dozens of stories about Harry and the mischief he got up to before his X-Factor days. They were quite amusing and I intended on teasing him about them the next time we talked.