Chapter 16:

He swirled to face me. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

            “I’ll leave you two alone,” Elise excused herself.

            “Harry,” I sighed closing my eyes.

            “Don’t ‘Harry’ me!” he said crossly. “Why didn’t you tell us? Me?”

            “Because I didn’t want you to worry!”

            “I had a right to know.”

            “You don’t think I know that?” I erupted. “Of course you have a right but I knew you would react like this. I couldn’t do that to you! It was bad enough that I knew I had a time bomb on my life I didn’t need everyone else knowing my time was limited.”

            “And what was going to happen in the coming years if you got worse and worse?”

            “I would’ve dealt with it as it came. Can we please not fight. I feel like that’s all we do lately. Fight. I don’t want to fight with you.”

            “I don’t want to fight either but I’m only dropping it if you promise to tell me everything and I mean everything from now on.”

            “I pinky promise,” I said holding out my pinky to him. The corner of his lips tugged up as he looped his pinky around mine and we locked them together completing the promise. “Now come over here and sit.”

The treatment went by normally and the nurses gave me tablets for nausea. I haven’t been vomiting lately but I have been feeling a little nauseas, so the nurses and Dr Robins prescribed me some tablets to help get rid of it.

            “I want you to meet someone,” I told Harry as we approached the elevator.

            “Sara?” he asked and I nodded.

I walked into Sara’s room and her face lit up. I was happy to see she had the curtains open and was dressed in her Rapunzel outfit.

            “Jade!” she squealed jumping up on the bed.

            “Hi, Rapunzel!”

            “Hi, Jade!” she gave me a huge hug, her little arms wrapped around my neck as I lifted her up.

            “I have someone for you to meet,” I told her with a huge grin.

            “Who?”

            “Just Harry.”

            “Who’s Harry?” she asked confused and I giggled as her face dropped when Harry walked in.

            “Well I’m Harry!”

She hid in my neck, shy. “Can he sign my CD?” she whispered in my ear.

            “Of course he can!”

Harry and I stayed for three hours, until eight, which was when visiting hours finished. Sara absolutely loved Harry and it took her all of about a minute to warm up to him. I could tell Harry adored Sara to bits. At one stage when I went to the bathroom I came back and felt like they were keeping a secret from me. I tied to suss them out but they wouldn’t let anything slip. Sara told us that we made a good Jasmine and Aladdin.

            “Harry, will I see you again?”

            “Of course you will,” he assured her as he kissed her on the forehead as we were leaving. He whispered something in her ear and she nodded seriously. I wondered what they were keeping from me but figured one of them would let it slip sooner or later.