Chapter 4

Starr POV

I crept into the beach house at 4 in the morning. Im assuming everybody is sleep because the lights are off. I took my heels off and tiptoed up the stairs. I peeped in Kyrie's room and found him in the bed sleeping. I softly closed his door and went down the hall to me and King's room. He was lying in his bed with his hands behind his head. His eyes were closed. Good.

I stripped out my clothes and got into some of King's clothes. I slipped into bed next to him and placed my head on his chest. He squirmed around but wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you girl." He said with his eyes closed. I think he's still sleep though.

"I love you too, King." That was the last thing I said before I fell asleep.

*

*

*

*

(Morning)

I shifted in my position and noticed my head was on a pillow. King was gone. I sat up and stretched. I grabbed my phone off the night stand saw I had two missed calls from Ray. I dialed him back.

"Wassup." I said in my heavy morning voice.

"You still sleep?! It's 1 in the afternoon, Starr!" He snapped.

"Stop yelling." I begged.

"You sleep like a pregnant person." He said.

"I was out at my club last night. I didn't get in till like 4." I rubbed my eyes.

"Was it jumping?" He asked.

"Like always." I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. I got to go home and change.

"That's wassup. But I was just letting you know Des and I are coming over today." He said.

"Cool." I said.

"Bye sis. Keep your head up." He said then hung up. I feel sorry he doesn't know the truth. At least I could tell Des and Ray, but I won't. I wouldn't break the promise King and I made.

"You finally up!" King walked into the room and plopped on the bed. I still just can't believe this is King I'm looking at. My best friend, my lover.

"Yea." I said looking down at the ring that still sat perfectly on my finger.

"You still wear it." He said.

"Why would I take it off? We were going to be a family." I said.

"I wish we could start where we stopped off." He caressed my cheek.

"Why can't we?" I placed my hand on top of his.

"I'm not even supposed to be alive, Starr. If people find out I'm not dead the Mexicans will kill me or the police will lock me up. I'm in a lose lose situation baby." He said. I knew deep down it was the truth.

"Lets just enjoy the time we have now." I forced a smile.

"Yea." He forced a smile.

"I got to go home." I said. I sounded like a little teenager again.

"Promise me you coming back later." He said.

"I promise." I walked by him and into Kyrie's room.

"Come on baby. Lets go home." I told him.

"We leaving already?" He asked.

"Yes now put the game down and lets go." I said sternly.

"Bye lil homie." King said.

"Bye." Kyrie said. I soon pulled up to our home and we got out and went in.

"So what are we doing for Christmas now?" Kyrie smirked.

"Spend it with friends and family." I smiled at him. He nodded.

"Catch me in the shower." He jogged up stairs. I followed him and went into my room. I turned my shower on and got in. I felt like a lil teenage girl that just came home from a date with her boyfriend. I couldn't help but smile.

I soon got out the shower and threw on some house clothes. I put on a Versace t shirt, sweat pants, and my bred 11's. I put my hair in a ponytail.

"Ma auntie Des and uncle Ray at the door." Kyrie yelled from downstairs.

"Let them in." I yelled. My face is glowing. I have to make it look like nothing happened. Gosh that's gonna be hard.

I walked down stairs and saw all of them sitting on the couch. Even Caleb.

"Wassup y'all." I said calmly. They all said their hellos.

"What bring y'all through?" I sat on the couch next to Kyrie.

"Just checking up on you." Caleb said.

"I'm fine." I eyed all of them. Naw it's something much more. They came here for something else.

"You sure?" Des asked me.

"Yes." I said more sternly. They sitting up in my house treating me like I'm 5.

"Don't get upset. We just trying to make sure you don't do anything crazy." Ray said. That shit ticked me off.

"Don't come in here treating me like a lil kid. I got a kid myself!" I snapped.

"Calm down ma." Kyrie held my arm back.

"We just want to make sure you okay. Thats all." Des mumbled.

"Screw that! You think I'm gone kill myself or harm my son? Huh? Is that what you think?" I asked them. They just sat there quietly.

"It's just that since King has been gone you been so depressed." Caleb said.

"Naw fuck that!" I snapped. Kyrie smacked my hand real hard.

"Stop cursing." He said. I forgot I told him to hit me if I curse and I guess he remembered.

"Sorry." I hugged him.

"So you spending Christmas with us?" Caleb asked.

"Who is us?" I asked.

"Robin, Des, Ray, and I." He said.

"Sure. I guess." I said.

"We can't." Kyrie said giving me a look. He probably wants to spend Christmas with King. Hell, I do too.

"Oh yea. I forgot I promised Slim, Gia, and Libby I would spend Christmas with them." I lied. They gave me that 'you lying' look.

"They can come with us." Des said.

"No they already made plans at Libby's house." I lied once again.

"Well we can come there." Caleb said.

"Naw I'm talking about Gia's old childhood home in Puerto Rico." I said. They stared at me. I knew they didn't believe me but I didn't say anything.

"If you don't want to hang you could have just told us." Des got up and walked out. Ray shook his head and walked out behind Des.

"So that's how we get down now?" Caleb stood up.

"I got too much going on Caleb." I admitted.

"Just leave us like everybody else do! We won't mind!" Kyrie snapped at Caleb and ran upstairs.

"You heard him." I squinted my eyes.

"You tripping." He walked out. No surprise. They coming back, trust me. People always leave and come back in my life.

-------

Comment

Vote