Chapter 1

They don't know

What I've been through

They don't know the half

They only know what I tell them

Starr POV

I drove over to my club to see what Slim and the team was up to.

"Wassup y'all." I said once I walked in.

Libby, my bartender, damn near had a heart attack.

"Get them damn keys off this table before they scratch it!" She snapped. I laughed and put my keys in my purse.

"Where everybody else?" I asked.

"Gia is in the back having breakfast and I really don't know where the others." She replied.

Gia is my DJ. Her beats go major hard plus she's always on the latest songs.

"Starr!" I heard her call from the back. I walked to the back and saw her and Slim eating breakfast from McDonald's.

"Wassup baby." I swung in the doorway.

"You swinging through the club tonight when Rihanna come?" She asked with a mouth full of food.

"Y'all know I can't come. I got to watch Kyrie." I said sadly. I wish I can go out and have fun with friends but I really don't have any. I don't want to feel like the third wheel with Ray and Des. And Caleb and his fiancé is only here for the holidays.

Other than them I have no other friends.

"I told you to hire a nanny." Slim said.

"I don't believe in those. Can't nobody give my child the good love they need more than me." I admitted. They nodded.

"You got two lavish houses, a yacht, and a fancy car all with you and King's money. Why not a nanny?" Gia frowned.

"First off, everything you just named belongs to King." I added.

"You paying bills right?! So it is yours." Slim said.

"Okay how did we even get on this subject?! I thought we was talking about me coming to the club tonight." I snapped.

"I'm leaving after tonight so I can head back to Puerto Rico with my family for Christmas." Gia pranced around happily.

"Me too. Im leaving tomorrow to New York. I'm gone take my baby mama and son with me." Slim said.

"Shit im in the same thing. Me and my family gone spend Christmas in my hometown, Atlanta." Libby walked in with us.

I got sad listening to all their family plans. Me and Kyrie is just going to open gifts and listen to some Christmas songs like every other year. I wish I could get better for us.

"What you gone do Starr?" Gia asked.

"Oh uh...probably just open gifts and listen to Christmas songs with Kyrie." I admitted. No need to lie. I know Kyrie hates to see me lonely the way I am. It feels like I'm waiting on something that's never going to happen.

They sat quietly. There was an awkward silence going through the room.

"Well you know w are here for you." Gia rubbed my back.

"I guess." I stood up.

"Where you going?" Slim asked.

"Nowhere." I lied.

*

*

*

*