Chapter 7- The Encounter

Andrew's POV:

It's been 2 weeks since I've last seen Maddie and it was driving me crazy. But the good news was I bought the house next door, so maybe when I get the courage or if I get to bump into her I can finally ask her out.

I was driving to my new house with Saader since he offered to help me bring over all my stuff, and just as I was pulling into my driveway I saw Maddie talking to a guy on the porch. She was smiling and looked pretty happy and she was just about to go inside when I saw her kiss his cheek.

It stung me to see her with somebody else, but what can I do? I haven't even met her and if she's happy I don't want to ruin it for her. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't realize Brandon was yelling at me until he started banging the window.

"Dude I offered to help you move in, but if all you're gonna do is day dream then I'm outta here" he said as I finally got out of the car and snapped out of my daze. "Sorry" was all I said as I walked to the back trunk and started handing boxes to Brandon so we could bring them all inside. Brandon gave me a funny look before he took the boxes from me and went inside.

After almost all the boxes were inside the house I went out to get the last couple while Brandon went through my boxes looking for food. As I grabbed the last box I saw Maddie come back outside and this time she saw me too. I'm not sure if she recognized me or not but she smiled at me before she got into her car.

I was so tempted to walk up to her but I remembered what I saw earlier and  realized I couldn't invade her privacy like that so I just took the last box and went inside and ignored her.

Maddie's POV:

It's been a great month here in Chicago. I'm really starting to like it here and just last week Natalie took me to one of her work parties. There I met this really cute guy, his name was Jeff. He had short dirty blonde hair (just like Hunter Hayes) and green eyes. I noticed him checking me out at the party and I didn't mind since I was doing the same to him.

Nearing the end of the party he finally came up to me and asked me out on a date. Ever since then we've kinda been seeing each other. Natalie's happy for me and really supportive of us. And I'm happy too, but it felt weird seeing someone when I still had feelings for Andrew.

The truth is I'd probably leave Jeff for Andrew in a heart beat, but reality took over me and just told me to move on.

Jeff came over today to hang out for a bit, bit he had to go early so I walked him out. We stood outside for a couple minutes just talking and right before he left I kissed him on the cheek. He gave me one of his bright smiles that just made my heart melt.

I said goodbye and he left, I walked back inside to go take a shower.

After my shower I decided to go out to the gym so I grabbed my bag and headed out to my car. I got my own car ever since I got a job as a sports interviewer. I was heading towards my car when I looked over at Mrs Smith's old house and saw Andrew there.

It didn't take me long to figure out he bought her house, but I didn't tell Natalie that or else she'd try and set me up with him. Truth is I wouldn't mind but I was seeing Jeff right now so I couldn't. I hoped he didn't recognize me, so I just smiled and got into my car.

Before I pulled out of my driveway I took one last glance at Andrew and noticed he was too focused on moving to to even look at me. It kinda stung to be ignored like that but I guess it's for the best that we keep some distance.

I spent a couple hours at the gym because I just loved it there. And I go there whenever I've got a lot on my mind. Since I have a membership I can practically go any time I want so it all works out for me.