Chapter 4- Battle Scars

Maddie's POV:

I took out my phone while waiting for the game to start since I got bored and Natalie was being a lazy ass and sleeping until the game started.

I scrolled through my twitter feed until I saw a picture that had a caption which caught me eye.

Blackhawks Diehard (@diehardhawksfan88): Andrew Shaw and another women?! Totally jealous of this chick! *picture of Sierra kissing Andrew's cheek*

I was in shock for a while. I thought I actually liked Andrew, but now I knew it was nothing more than a one time thing. I mean for all I know he doesn't even know my name.

I heard the screams from fans and looked up from my phone to see the game was about to start. I leaned over and shook Natalie to wake up, she woke up immediately and yawned. "Awh thanks! Go Hawks" she said as she took a sip of water. I smiled back but didn't say anything, I was still a bit stung from what I saw.

The players were all ready for the puck to drop at center ice and I noticed it was Toews taking the draw, along side with Shaw and Sharp, with Keith and Seabrook as the defensing pair. I smiled when I saw Shaw though, I was happy for him that he got a shot at the top line.

The puck dropped and the game began, Toews won the faceoff and passed the puck back to Shaw. Shaw started skating towards Rask as Sharp and Toews raced off to the net as well, hoping to get a rebound or redirect. Andrew passed the puck back for Keith as he joined Sharp and Toews by the net. I saw his mouth moving and I could tell he was yelling for Keith to pass him the puck.

Keith must've noticed Andrew because right after he passed the puck back to him and Andrew did a nice little backhander as the puck went into the net. "GOAAAL!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I stood up and jumped around celebrating the goal. I looked over at Natalie to see she was doing the same.

"Your man scored for you" she said as she sat down and winked at me. I gave her a small smile as I remembered what I saw earlier.

The first period was over and still the only goal scored was Andrew's. I looked at the players bench and noticed he had the biggest smile on his face, I couldn't help but feel happy for him. He may have found someone else but hey that was still a nice goal.

The second period was just the same as the first. The only goal scored was from Andrew.

But then came the third period, the Hawks were on the PP and Hossa had the puck, he took a one timer and.. IT WENT IN! I looked at the time on the scoreboard and there were about 5 minutes left in the game. I was sitting at the edge of my seat, we were so close close to a win.

It was the final minute of the game, Andrew had the puck, and he was skating towards the empty net but skating very closely behind him was Brad Marchand. I closed my eyes, I just had a horrible feeling, and seconds later I heard "Oh! What a hit from Brad Marchand!" and seconds after that came "Oh no this doesn't look good. Andrew Shaw is down, it looks like he's unconcious. The training staff from both teams are making their way onto the ice as we speak." I heard the commentators say.

"Oh my god" I Natalie said as literally jumped up and stared at the tv, I swear she didn't even blink. I was in shock too. I felt a couple tears in my eyes and blinked rapidly to make them go away. I don't know why but that hit affects me so much. I just.. Nothing was making sense to me right now. I just want Andrew to be okay, because I think I might be in love with him.

About 10 minutes later Andrew was taken off on a stretcher and to the hospital and the Hawks won the game. I switched off the tv and made my way to my room without saying a word to Natalie. I'm guessing she understood because she did the exact same thing.

Love Don't Know What Distance Is (A Andrew Shaw fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें