Chapter 11- Heartache

Maddie's POV:

Natalie and I were standing in the hall right behind the guys bench watching them warm up as coach Q came over to greet us.

"Hello Maddie, and I take it this is your friend Natalie?" he said as he smiled and extended his hand out to shake Maddie's. "Yup, Maddie I think you know Coach Q" I joked and we all started laughing.

"Well ladies enjoy the game, the boys and I have a surprise for you after the game" Coach Q said before he turned away and focused his attention back to the players.

Natalie grabbed my arms and started jumping and I started jumping too, we both had the biggest smiles on our faces. "Can this day get any better?" Natalie said as she started laughing. "Oh it could" I smirked and threw and empty bottle at Leddy's head. He quickly turned around and I pointed at Natalie and I saw as both their faces turned red. Leddy flashed us a small smile as he turned around.

I also looked around and saw I got the attention of Andrew and he saw how embarrassed Nick and Natalie were and he got a chuckle out of it. He sat down next to Nick and started whispering something to him, I had a feeling I knew what he was saying but I didn't want to make Natalie any redder.

"You didn't have to do that" Natalie said as she slapped my arm. "Ouch! And oh I did, I know he likes you, and I know you like him too" I said just as Jim Cornelison was about to start singing the national anthem.

I looked around the UC to see 1000's of fans cheering and supporting their team. It kinda makes me proud to be a Hawks fan. It gives me this warm feeling in my stomach, like this is my home, where I belong.

I looked over at Natalie and saw her eyes locked on the back of Leddy's jersey. She was mesmerized by his every move.

Then I saw Coach Q tap Andrew's shoulder and before I knew it he jumped over the half wall and his first shift of the game as begun. I stepped a little closer to the ice to see what was going on. I noticed Kane had the puck and I literally had to hold my breathe, every time Kane has the puck something good happens.

I watched as he tried a wrap around attempt but it bounced off of Niemi's pads and landed right on Andrew's stick. I held my breathe for a moment but I knew what was about to happen. Andrew's one timer ended up in the top left hand corner of the net and just like that the goal horn went off and it was 1-0 Hawks.

Andrew threw his arms into the air and pointed right at me as I saw the biggest smile on his face. I smiled and waved my arms into the air and cheered as loud as I could.

All the players gathered around Andrew, and all the players on the bench were cheering. I took a moment and looked up at all the fans and they too were cheering. Then the familiar sound of Chelsea Dagger started to play and both Natalie and I were cheering as loud as we could.

The first period was soon over and all the players headed back into the locker rooms. Natalie and I decided to stay out on the benches a little longer and give the team a little time with the trainers and coaching staff to discuss plays and strategies and such. 

I was staring out at the crowd and really took in how great this arena was and how much I really loved being here. I looked over at Natalie and noticed she was in awe as well. 

A couple minutes passed by and I felt a hand on my waist and immediately  turned around to see Andrew behind me smiling. "C'mon into the dressing room" he said as he took my hand and motioned for Natalie to follow. 

We followed Andrew into the locker room, and as soon as we walked in Andrew took my to his stall and Natalie made her way over to Leddy's. I wasn't even gonna bother questioning her, by now we could all tell Natalie and Leddy had a thing for each other.