Chapter 10- Love At First Sight, If That Exists At All

Andrew's POV:

I walked out of the showers and headed to my stall. I told the rest of the guys Maddie and I would meet them there so they all left. I was all changed and got all my stuff when I saw a puck at the back of my stall.

Pulling it out I read the tape around it which said "GWG for Maddie". I smiled when I read it and decided it was time to give it to her.

I walked out towards the benches and saw that Maddie was shooting pucks towards the net. I smiled at the sight of her playing hockey, I love a girl you can play. Soon she noticed me and grabbed all the pucks and skated over to me. "Hey, you ready?" I asked as I greeted her with a kiss.

"Yeah just let me get these skates off and we can go" she said, I just nodded my head. I waited for her to finish before getting the puck out. I sat down next to her as she got up and start walking towards the exit when she realized I was still sitting there.

"We're gonna be late" she said as she sighed and sat down next to me. "It's okay, but I wanted to give you something" I said and handed her the puck. I saw her confused look turn into a smile as her cheeks turned red. "This is probably the sweetest thing anyone's ever given me" she said as she wrapped her hands around my neck and kissed me.

"I'm glad you like it" I said and wrapped my arm around her waist as we walked out to my car.

Once we arrived at the Palace Grill we could already see the rest of the guys talking with fans. I took hold of Maddie's hand and walked over to them.

"Well it's about time you 2 got here!" Kaner shouted which caught the attention of not only all the players but the fans too.

"Well will you look who's here, Andrew Shaw and his girlfriend" I heard a couple men yell from in the kitchen and now as if not all eyes were on us, they were. "Haha yeah" I said awkwardly as Maddie and I sat down.

Maddie's POV:

"So Maddie we heard you're coming to the game tonight" Corey said to me just as I sat down. "Yeah I am" I said and smiled as I read the menu. "Well how about you come sit behind the benches with coach?" Seabrook jumped in. "Uhm I don't know.. are you sure that's okay?" I asked, a little unsure of what to say.

 I mean I wanted to say yes, I think it would be cool to stand by the benches but some of the guys were giving me looks like they didn't want me there. I was about to answer and say no when Andrew tugged on my sleeve and pulled me near him.

"The guys really do want you there, you're the first girlfriend they actually like" he said as he let me go and smiled. I nodded my head and smiled as I turned to face Corey again. "I'd love to sit behind the benches with you guys, but on one condition" I said which caused a couple of the players to raise their eyebrows.

I let out a little laugh, "It's nothing too big, I just want my best friend Natalie to be with me too" I said and as soon as I said that everyone let out a little sigh of relief and agreed to let Natalie sit with me.

I smiled real big as we ordered food. The rest of lunch went by really well. The guys were all so fun and relaxed. I loved hanging out with them. In fact I invited them all over to my house later next week for a party and got all their numbers. They treat me as their little sister and quite frankly I like it.

Andrew enjoys lunch too, he said it's the first time the guys actually approve of his girlfriend.

After lunch Andrew drove me back home, I told him I'd call him and he kissed me goodbye before I left.

I unlocked the door and walking with a big smile, I couldn't wait to tell Natalie the big news. Not only would she be going to the game but now we get to sit right behind the benches with Coach Q and the other staff members.