Chapter 1- Welcome Home

Maddie's POV:

I'm 22, with blue eyes and long blonde hair. I was born here in Chicago, but moved to New York in my first year of highschool because my dad had a job offer there. Now that I graduated from university I was given the choice to move back and start a new life here.

My bestfriend Natalie Carter lives in Chicago, we were bestfriends ever since kindergarten. We still are infact, every holiday we'd take turns visiting each other, or for our birthdays. We were both pretty lucky that our birthdays were during summer vacation so we always spent the summers together. She's the same age as me, has blue eyes and long curly red hair.

She came to my graduation and I went to hers, but after mine I finally decided to tell her the news that I was moving back to Chicago.

I swear once I told her she was the happiest person ever, and I didn't blame her. I was so glad to be going back home to the city I've always loved, with the bestest friend anybody could ever have.

And that brings me here, at the airport waiting for her to pick me up. It was 3am in the morning, Natalie insisted I get the earliest plane here so we could spend more time together catching up. I agreed, not knowing she would be half an hour late.

I got tired of standing around so I rolled my suitcases over to the benches beside the gift shop and sat down as I took out my phone and texted Natalie.

Me: You're half an hour late -_- 

Natalie: OH SHIT! I'm coming I'm so sorry Maddie I promise I'll make it up to you

Me: Oh boy I better make myself comfy. Ahaa it's okay just hurry up I'm getting tired.

Natalie: kk I'm sooo sorry! see ya soon (:

I read her text and put my phone away as I looked around for something to eat. I got up and made my way over to the gift shop and looked for a small snack. I was craving chips so I walked over to their chips aisle and took two bags of Doritos.

As I was turning around I bumped into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry!" I said as I bent down to pick up the chocolate bar they dropped. "It's no problem" the person said as I handed him the chocolate bar and looked up at his face.

It took me a while to recognize who it was but it was Patrick Kane, from the Chicago Blackhawks.

"Yo Kaner we gotta go!" yelled another familiar voice and I turned around to see it was Andrew Shaw. Just before Patrick responded to him I remembered they had a game tomorrow in Boston. "Yeah I'm coming!" Patrick said, while both guys were now looking at me.

"Who's the chick?" Andrew said as he winked at me. My cheeks turned a light shade of pink as I cracked up a small smile. "Just someone I bumped into, go with the others I'll catch up with you in a few minutes!" Patrick said as Andrew nodded his head and walked off.

Patrick turned to face me again and I looked up and smiled. "Well you better go, I hear Shawzer ain't very patient. Good luck in Boston I'll be watching the game!" I said as I was walking to the counter to pay. "Oh so you're a Hawks fan? Haha well thanks, hope to see you again sometime uh.." Patrick said as I took out my wallet to pay.

"Maddie" I smiled. "Hope to see you again sometime Maddie" he said as he paid for the chocolate bar and waved goodbye. "Yup! Tell Andrew I say good luck too!" I called out and he turned around and smiled before he left. "Will do" he said and continued walking.

I took my bags of Doritos and walked back to the bench I was sitting at before and started to eat them. I was starving, I haven't eaten anything other than lunch I had before my flight. In about 5 minutes I had finished the whole bag. Luckily I bought 2 cause I just know Natalie would've wanted some.

Just as I got up to throw out the empty bag my phone rang. I answered it as I walked over to the garbage can. "Hello?" I answered. "Hey, I'm here meet me by the gift shop" Natalie said. "Okay" I said as I hung up, grabbed my suitcases and walked back to the gift shop.

"MADDIE!" Natalie yelled as soon as she saw me. She ran up to me and gave me a big hug almost knocking me over. "Hey Nat!" I said as I hugged her back. "I missed you so much you have no idea!" she told me as she helped took a suitcase and lead me to her car.

"I missed you too! I've got loads to tell you" I told her as we walked outside into the parking lot. "Me too, this is gonna be one long drive home!" Natalie joked. I laughed along with her as we finally reached her car.

She opened the back trunk and helped me load my bags. "Thanks" I said as I got in the car. "I call shotgun" I joked even though I knew I'd be sitting there since there's no way I'm driving tonight.

We both laughed a bit as Natalie pulled out of the parking lot and started driving. "So first off, I guess we'll be sharing the car until you can get your own. I've got a 2 car garage so it's all good" Natalie started to say.

"I also have your room ready, and I went shopping yesterday so we're loaded with food. And to help you out I started job searching for you in the flyers and online and printed out a couple that might interest you" she told me. "Thanks Nat, you've done so much for me I really appreciate it." I smiled.

"Hey that's what best friends do. So you wanted to tell me something?" she asked. "Yeah, so you know how you were like an hour late?" I started and instantly got a death stare from Natalie. I laughed before continuing my story. "Well I got hungry so I went to the gift shop and bought some chips, and before I continued yes I bought you a bag too. And so I bumped into someone, and you'll never guess who. PATRICK KANE!" I said, screaming out the last part.

Natalie stopped at a red light and turned to face me. "OH MY GOD YOU MET PATRICK KANE?!" she yelled as the lights turned green and she continued to drive. "That's not all! Andrew Shaw was there and he saw me. So he was all like hey who's that chick to Kaner and Kaner told him he just bumped into me. I looked back at Andrew and he winked at me! He flippin winked at me!" I yelled.

"Oh my god your first day back and you're already getting the guys, and not just any guys, you're getting the Chicago Blackhawks!" Natalie exclaimed.

"Haha yeah" I said blushing. "Tell me you got their numbers, or a picture or anything!" Natalie said, but I frowned as I answered her. "Sadly no, but Kaner said he hoped that he'd see me again sometime" I told her and Natalie's frown instantly lit up as I said that last part.

"See, me being late does help!" she joked. Well girl, I guess I've gotta work my magic and get you two to meet again" Natalie said as we both laughed and continued telling stories on our drive back to her house.

Patrick's POV:

As soon as I said bye to Maddie I joined the rest of the team as we waited for our flight to get her. I handed Jonathan his chocolate bar and sat down next to Andrew. "Who was that girl?" Andrew asked me as soon as I sat down.

"Her name's Maddie, and that's just about as much as I know about her. Oh and she's a Hawks fan and wishes you good luck for tomorrow's game" I said and noticed a smile appear on his face.

"Why? Do you like her?" I asked as a smirk grew on mine. "Kinda, well I don't know she's pretty." Andrew replied awkwardly. "Awh it's love at first sight" I said mocking Andrew.

"What's going on here?" Sharpie asked as Brent Seabrook and Brandon Saad followed behind him and sat down with us. "I bumped into this girl earlier, and Shawzy here is falling for her." I told the guys.

The guys all whistled and cheered for Andrew. "Atta boy!" Seabs said. "Did you at least get her number?" Saad asked. "No" Andrew said quietly as he looked at me hoping I'd have her number. "Sorry man, didn't think we'd be needing it. But I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing her around. I mean she's a Hawks fan we might see her at a game" I said as the voice over the speakers called out our flight number.

We all got up and followed Jonathan, since he was always first to get on he tends to lead the way for us a lot.

I stayed back behind with Andrew. "Hey you 2 will meet again, that is if I've got something to do about this" I whispered into his ear as he chuckled and followed me onto the plane. "Okay Kaner, if you say so" he said, following me close behind.

 A/N: Well here's the first chapter, hope you guys like it! Don't forget to comment and vote, I love hearing from you guys! (: -Kat