Chapter 8- Jealousy

Andrew's POV:

I was feeling a little bummed out ever since I saw Maddie so I decided to head out to a club.

I partied for majority of the night and actually met someone. She had long brown hair and brown eyes, her name was Charlotte. I left the club with her and she was actually really fun to hang out with. I took her back to the UC since I knew we could be alone there.

For once I actually felt happy again.

Once we arrived at the UC I took her through the locker rooms and found her a pair of skates and took her out to the rink. "Andrew I can't skate!" she said as she refused to move. I extended my hand out and smiled "C'mon I'll be here to help you" I said and finally she took my hand and followed me out.

For the first little bit we did laps around the rink hand in hand, but then I felt like Charlotte was ready to skate on her own so I let go of her. "Andrew! I'm gonna fall!" she said but I just stood there and watched her skate around perfectly fine all on her own. "You were saying?" I smirked.

Maddie's POV:

I got to the UC and practically ran into the building. I looked around all over for Andrew and still no sign of him. I heard people skating and walked down the tunnel and sure enough there he was.

I had a huge smile on my face as I was just about ready to step out when I heard another voice that clearly wasn't Andrew's. It was a girl's and I stepped out far enough to see her.

I felt sick seeing her with him but didn't want to intrude in their happiness so I left but right before I left I tripped over a puck and fell down. Sure enough that made a loud sound and when I got up both Andrew and the girl skated up to the bench to see me.

Andrew stepped over to me and extended his hand to help me out. "Sorry about the pucks" he said as I turned to look at him and that's when he saw my face. His jaw dropped wide open, he was about to say something but the girl behind him spoke up.

"Is she okay Andrew?" she asked and that's when Andrew snapped out of his trance. "Yeah she is Charlotte, but I'm gonna take her to the doctors room and be sure she is so you head home" he said and walked over to her and handed her a couple bills.

"Alright see ya" she said and kissed his cheek before she ran off.

"Are you okay?" Andrew asked me as he walked back over to me and crouched over me. "Yeah" I said as I was getting up and started heading towards the exit.

"Maddie" he said as he grabbed my wrist and spun me around. I didn't know what to say or do so I stood their quietly and stared at him. "We finally meet" he said and smiled but I still didn't move.

"This feels wrong" I said and freed myself from his grip and ran out. But Andrew ran after me and caught up to me. "Why do you keep running away from me?" he asked. "Why is it everytime I feel ready to see you, I see you with another girl?" I argued back.

"Well don't be starting this with me, Miss I have a boyfriend" he said back. "I broke up with him today" I said and saw a shocked expression on Andrew's face. "Why?" he asked as I took a deep breath before answering him.

"Because ever since I saw you this morning I couldn't stop thinking about you, and then when I bumped into Jonathan it made me realize I still had feelings for you. And then when my best friend gave me the talk I knew that she was right. During that date it felt wrong because it wasn't you, so I left him for you. But it looks like you've got someone else" I said, trying to fight back tears.

"Since that day at the airport when I first saw you I couldn't stop thinking about you. I was just dying to meet you. And when I met Sierra I saw her as a friend. She had feelings for me but I told her I didn't have any feelings for her. Because I was already in love with you. Charlotte was a really good friend to me tonight, and the only reason why I met her was because I went to a club. I only went because I was upset after seeing you and that guy. I've been in love with you this whole time yet you didn't bother to say a word to me until now?" Andrew said as he too was trying to fight back tears.

"I was confused about my feelings for you, but now it's clear to me. I'm falling for you too Andrew. But I just don't know if I'm ready for a relationship" I said as my eyes met Andrew's. I could tell he was upset. "But you were able to have a boyfriend these past few weeks" Andrew retorted.

"I haven't seen you for 2 weeks, I thought I was over you but I wasn't. I.. I love you Andrew" I finally said. I looked up at Andrew hoping he'd give me a chance and before I knew it he pulled me closer to him and kissed me. I kissed him back, and after we pulled away he still kept his arms wrapped around me.

"I'm willing to give us a shot, if you are" he said quietly and smiled. I smiled back and thought for a moment before I pulled him in for another kiss. "I take that as a yes" he said and smiled as he hugged me tightly.

"Maddie, will you be my girlfriend" he asked me once we pulled away. "I would love to" I said as the biggest smile appeared on both our faces. "You don't know how good it feels to finally have you in my life" Andrew said as he took hold of my hand and lead me back to the ice.

"Same here, I think my heart's finally at peace" I said as Andrew sat me down on the bench. "Here put these on" he said as he handed me a pair of skates. "Andrew I'd love to go skating but I'm not exactly wearing the most appropriate clothing." I said as I took the skates from him.

"Just 10 minutes, please" he begged as he got on his knees to help me put on my skates. "Fine" I said as I started tying the laces to my left skate while Andrew did my right skate. "You know how to skate right?" he asked as he took my hand and lead me onto the ice.

"Yeah" I said and smiled as Andrew and I skated around the ice hand in hand.

"You coming to the game tomorrow?" he asked me as we finished our last lap around the rink. "Well if I could get in touch with a Blackhawk tonight and ask for tickets then maybe I will be there" I joked, which got a laugh out of him. "I'll give you and your friend tickets, and after the game you 2 can come to the locker room and I'll take you out on a date after" Andrew offered.

I smiled, "I'd like that" I said as we got back to the bench. "Great, now before you go can I get your number?" he asked as he helped me take off my skates. "Yeah sure, here enter your number" I said as I handed him my phone and he did the same to me.

After he got my skates off he walked me out to the parking lot. "How'd you get here?" he asked as I was still following him. "I left my date and called a taxi" I smiled, he let out a chuckle as he wrapped his arm around me.

"I'll give you a ride home" he said as we got to his car. "Nice car" I said as I got into his car. "Thanks" he said, as he got into his car as well.

"Oh and for tomorrow's game you better be wearing my jersey" he joked whiched caused me to laugh. "I think I'm going to wear my Kane jersey" I teased as I got a glare from him, which caused me to start laughing. "I'm just kidding!" I said as a smile appeared on his face.

We spent the rest of the ride home talking about just about anything. I told him about how Chicago was so far and my new job, and he told me about all his upcoming games.

"Wanna come in for a while?" I asked him as he pulled into my driveway. "Sure" he said and smiled as he opened the car door for me. I dug for my kes in my clutch and unlocked the door, I moved to let Andrew in.

Then I took his hand and lead him over to the living room where Natalie was. "Hey Nat, I'm back" I said as Andrew and I entered the living room. She turned her head to look at me as her jaw dropped wide open, which caused Andrew and I both to laugh.

"You guys are finally together eh?" Natalie asked as she sat up. I nodded my head and smiled, "Yes we are" Andrew said as we sat down on the sofa next to her.

We spent the rest of the night talking about how we ended up together, and Natalie was as happy as can be. But we were all so tired we fell asleep on the couch together. It was awkward with Andrew in the middle and me on his lap, but I felt safer and more comfortable when he put his arm around me.