Chapter Nine - When The Hunter Hunts

A/N: Picture on the right is wolf kaine.

Dadicated to EternalyYurz for being the sweetest person ever!

~~~~~~~~Chapter 9 - WHen The Hunter Hunts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked Kaine to the door as he turned around to face me.

"Hey Dace, You going to the homecoming game tomorrow?" Kaine asked tilting his head in honest question.

"Of Course, I would never miss one of your big games, Mr. Quarterback" I joked play punching his shoulder.

He smiled down at me as he ran his hand through my hair giving me one of his half hugs.

"Thanks" He mumbled in my hair as he took a deep breath.

Kaine turned away from me as he let his hand linger on my back a moment too long, or maybe a moment to short, i couldn't tell...the numbing in my head was coming back.

He left the house waving as he drove with his truck away.

"Are you guys gay for each other" A voice asked behind me.

Startled i turned around wide eyed.

"Make your presence known, you scared the shit out of me!" I yelled.

"Don't avoid the question, I've noticed how he looks at you...are you two a thing" Erin asked once more.

The way he looks at me...why have i never noticed that before...

"Of course not, First of all, He's a boy. Second of all, He's my best friend. And lastly, He's a boy" I concluded walking past her.

"That's what everyone in my books say's, and by the end of the book, They're always gay for each other" My sister taunted as she danced around me.

"Yeah, In your yaoi Books, unless you have noticed this is real life"

I left her in the hall as i slammed the door in her face. I heard her cackling as her footsteps retreated from the hallway.

I leaned my back against the closed door as i took a deep breath. I looked longingly at the window as i heard car by car pass. I slowly walked forward as i looked out, i wasn't sure what i was looking for, or maybe i knew, i just didn't want to admit it.

~~~~~~~~~~~ Kaine P.O.V~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As my truck rode across the bumpy dirt paved road, it slowly came to  a stop. Opening the door i sniffed the outside moist air as i locked the door behind me. I looked around taking one more sniff before i turned around growl vibrating in my throat.

"Sir, Kaine its time" A voice called from behind.

I turned around glaring at the direction.

"Yeah i know, That's why I'm here anyway." I answerd.

I turned around heading to the forest from behind. More familiar smells filled my nostrils as i stepped through a bush, into a crowd of wolves. As i walked through all of them bowed their heads but one. They we're all half my size, bigger then the average wolf, and twice as dangerous.

The alpha of the wolves gave me a looked as i bowed my head stripping of all my clothes and throwing them in the bush. In an few pain staking moments i too was a wolf.

I have avoided being a wolf for the past few months because whenever i change, my paws would always carry me to the one house i loved...

You haven't been with us lately, Why...

My brown and black furred head looked over at my father as he spoke into my mind.

Reasons...