Chapter Six - The Wolf's Howl

A/N: You may not understand why it changed from one ceond Kaine was getting ready to kiss Dace to something completely difference, but once you read the whole thing to the end it will all make sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chapter 6 - The wolf's howl~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking back, I wasn't always this brave. I probably would of never gotten this far without one person...and one person only...

Ever since birth, i was look down upon. I was thought of as weak...useless, the runt of the litter. I was small since birth. My mother was human. She wanted to keep me, but when the sign's showed i wasn't human, she gave me up. I was given back to my father...the person i never met before and probably wished i never did.

Turns out my mother wasn't his only wife. He already had two sons, when he had me. So when i came back, i thought it would be cool to have two older brothers, But being a runt, they ignored me. Thought of me as nothing but dust. I couldn't change... i couldn't turn into a wolf. I had the strength, the extra agility, but i couldn't transform...

 I wasnt abused. The pack never kicked or punched me. But when your in a pack you dont want to be useless...its the worst feeling ever. Like when your the last pickedto be on a team. I had that kind of lonliness. Being the alpha's son, i thought that meant people would have to look up to me, but only the to-be alpha would have any affect on the other wolves. I remember the day my oldest brother talked to me, he just look at me and smiled...

"Even the smallest of things grow's to be the largest"

He said those few words, and i lived my life on those words, thinking that i could change, i could become strong, i could turn into a powerful wolf.

You would think my father would talk to me but he never did, he thought of me as nothing but some small thing taking up his breathing air. I would think he loved my mom, but if he did. Would he of left her.

My oldest brother would sometimes give me encouraging smiles, my father would ignore me like my other brother, and i was alone.

I met Dace around those times He was someone who though of me as strong...it was the greatest feeling in the world. He was always happy, smiling, never giving up. He was one light of hope. It was nice to finally be able to protect someone instead of being useless.

I was content with this life, thinking it would never change. I had a best friend, a pack. What else did a young child have that i didint.

Over the years, the more i grew, the more i got worried, i never changed. I would train in the forest behind my house, but i still couldn't change. I remember practicing jumping over a small river to see if i could make it. I made it every time, as  soon i got better and better jumping higher and higher. I could punch harder and harder, Climb higher and higher. I couldn't change to be a wolf, but that didn't stop me from thinking i could be the strongest human.

Till one faithful day... Everything Changed

I remember. I was around the age of 12...

~~~Flash back~~~~~

The burning of flesh and char awoke me from the deep slumber i was just in. I looked around trying to find where it was coming from. I ran outside to see an array of colors. The once beautiful green trees with the chocolate brown trunks, were now Black charred with crimson, orange flames dancing around each other.

I heard the screeches, the yells. I ran into my older borthers bedroom, not sure what to do, hoping he would instruct me.

Then second the door opened the stank of metallic flesh hit me. I looked down and saw smothing i never wanted to see