If Only You Knew

A/N (IMPORTANT PLEASE READ): Hey guys, unfortunately I will have to miss the next chapter to this story. I have a retreat to go to during that weekend, and I'll be out for the whole weekend with no technology. I'll make it up to you guys I promise. Also, sorry if last week's chapter wasn't really up to standards. I had a hard week at school and a little writer's block. Anyways, until I get back, enjoy the chapter.

Disclaimer: I do not own the song that is used in this chapter. All copyrights go to their respective owners.

-----------------------------------------------------------    

It has been a day since the incident during the Lumiose Halloween festival. Ash and the rest of the group spent the rest of the day getting questioned by the media and policemen. They then went home and got some rest while Brock stayed with Professor Sycamore for the time being.  

It was about noon and Serena was getting ready to head to her and Ash's meeting spot where they practiced her performances. It was a more pleasant day than usual, so Serena wanted to do something different. She grabbed her picnic basket and filled it up with a lot of food. 

"Come on Fennekin!" She called. Once Fennekin heard Serena, she ran over to the door where Serena was. 

"Mom, Dad I'm heading out now!" She called into the house.

"Ok, Serena bye and stay safe," her Dad called back.

"I will," She yelled back. She ran into the woods and went down the path until she reached a fork in the road. She took a left and went off the road. After a little bit more walking she reached the meadow where she and Ash always meet up to practice.

It was a very pleasant meadow. In the middle of the meadow was a small hill with  a tree on top. Serena saw Ash sitting on the hill with Pikachu waiting for her. Ash hadn't spotted her yet. So, Serena and Fennekin snuck around to the back of the hill and climbed it. She went behind Ash to surprise him. Pikachu heard her and turned around. Serena put her finger up to her lip signaling to Pikachu to not tell Ash.

"SURPRISE!" She suddenly shouted causing Ash to jump.

"AHHH," He yelled before he realized it was only Serena.

"Serena? When did you get here?" Ash asked.

"Just now," She replied with a sly grin.

"Alrighty then, you ready to get started on your routine for today?" 

"Um, I was actually thinking that we could do something different today," Serena said. "You had to stop a Garchomp yesterday, so I was thinking that we could just take a break today." 

"Oh, ok. So what do you wanna do?" Ash asked.

"Well, I packed some food and a picnic blanket. I was thinking we could just hang out here for now," Serena said holding up the basket.

"Oh yeah that sounds good," Ash said. Serena then took out the picnic blanket that she packed and layed it down on the ground. Ash came over and helped to take out all the food and lay it down on the blanket. Once they were finished, they sat down on it and began to eat.

-----------------------------------------------------------

(2 hours later)

Serena and Ash were sitting on the hill enjoying the perfect day, while Pikachu and Fennekin played in the woods not too far away. It wasn't too hot, but at the same time it wasn't too cold. There where some clouds in the sky, but they were not dark gray rain clouds. These clouds were fluffy white clouds that slowly drifted through the sky. After a while of sitting there, a chilly autumn breeze blew through the meadow.