Chapter Twenty Five - Super Sizes and Surprises

The waiter comes to put our plates down in front of us, and my stomach grumbles at the sight.

"Man, the food looks great," I compliment.

"It's not the only thing," Brandon winks.

I feel a blush come on my cheeks and look down, causing a few strands of hair to cover my newly reddened face. I look to find Brandon biting his lip to keep a smile from coming, before he reaches his hand over the table and tucks the strand back, slowly letting his hand trace down my cheek.

I lean into his touch, and he smiles brightly at me. The date had been going really well so far, making me wonder how long I could keep pushing him away for before I finally gave in.

But just like that, my reasoning comes back into play as I see my father stroll up behind Brandon out of the corner of my eye.

"Arcelia!" He shouts and I can tell he's fuming.

"Yes?" I ask politely, deciding to use the kill em with kindness approach.

"What are you doing here? And with him, you know how I feel about him." he sneers.

"I am on a date," I reply lowly, my patience already running thin.

"What was that? Speak up, I told you I hate it when you mumble."

I stand from the table, looking him square in the eye with an emotionless gaze, "I am on a fucking date," I spit, annunciating each word.

"I think the real question is, what are you doing here? Because last time I checked you didn't buy anything other than alcohol and the shit here is way too overpriced for your unemployed ass," I continue.

"How dare you continue to speak to me with such fucking disrespect?"

"I know right? It's almost like I grew up with an easily agitated, angry, abrasive drunk," I bark.

With that he turns and storms off, leaving me wondering why the hell he was even here in the first place. I turn to Brandon with a solemn expression, and it was then that I knew why I wouldn't give in.

He didn't deserve to have to deal with that, we can't even have a dinner without him barging in from God knows where.

I sit down, "I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry, I've ruined this night, I'm sorry," I repeatedly apologize, tears brimming in my eyes.

He grabs my hands over the table, "It's okay, we can still have a nice night," he smiles warmly.

I didn't deserve a sweetheart like him and he didn't deserve to have to put up with me and my family's shit.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sor-" I awake gasping and reach around to see the time.

It's 11. We haven't had our date yet, it was just a dream. Fuck I could really go for a coffee right now.

Trudging down the stairs tiredly I go towards the pot of coffee and grab a mug. After pouring in the cream and sugar I walk into the living room to find Cassie's younger brother watching Friends.

I smile, "Hey what are you doing watching Friends?" I ask and take a seat beside him.

"I just decided on it, I remembered a funny one I watched a while ago that I wanted to rewatch," he explains.

"Ah," I say and take a sip.

After spending the majority of the day playing League and watching Friends I see it's just before 5:00 when I get a text from Bran.