T H I R T Y F I V E

Ren's POV

"Smart like my wife. It's a shame I have to kill you."

"I would say the same too, but I'll enjoy ripping out your organs and you answering my questions even more."

Step-dad digs into his pockets, pulling out many knifes.

"I see you're very good with knives like any bar owner who has a dart board."

"If you're not good with darts it's pointless to be a bartender."

"Really now?"

I try to sound interesting as I examine his face and body.

He was firm, obvious he's been working out for this moment. His face was soft, but as he kept talking his eyes twitch. He was lost most of his sanity. I look at his hands and he was shaking.

"What did my dad do to make you kill him and my mom."

"Y-you don't know? That bastard didn't say he took my wife and fucked her!!"

I stayed quiet, knowing he'll release his angry and tell me everything.

"My wife worked at my bar and when you're dad's company threw a party at the bar, I wasn't expecting to have my wife come back, limping and puking!!"

He runs and tries to attack. I step to the side.

"When she found out she was pregnant, she left without a word!"

He turns to the side I was standing, swing his arm that's holding the knife.

"It's obvious that you don' know how to fight. I can end you right now."

That riles him up.

"Blunt just like your mom! I hate it!"

He keeps swing and I keep dodging. I walk backwards in circles as he tries to get one hard on me.

He's feet were heavy, I could smell he's breath. Been drinking? Of course.

"How did you find us in Japan 3 years ago?"

"What a stupid question! I always keep an eye on my wives."

"Wives?"

"Yep you're mother was my 5 one..... good pussy and good in bed. F-fucking her was a joy."

He looked like he was about to pass out from at the drinks he had before this.

"How did you get into my dad's company?"

Suddenly the man stops, and looks at me with his crazed eyes.

"Your old man let me in."

I stop moving, my eyes widen.

"Liar!"

I try to regain my composure but...

"He said I can kill him. He knew it was me and he knew that he stole my wife from me and that I killed her that one night-"

"Liar! Dad would never let go like that!"

He smiles. "Oh really?"

"He digs he free hand into his back pockets, pulling out what seems to be a recorder. He messes with the buttons until a familiar voice plays. he throws it in first of me.

Any last words?

Ren.... AAAAAHHHHHH PLEASE STOP

HURRY THE FUCK UP THAN

Ren, mommy loves you. S-sorry I couldn't tell you sooner and now I may never tell you.

Her voice kept cracking, she was crying.

M-mommy, tried very hard to keep you safe. I guess we didn't avoid him in the crowd.... w-we had a lot of fun r-right? The cafes were n-nice and ummm the arcade. T-that was great. Oh and that s-shop with the boots you wanted, I-I was going to get them for you but I g-guess-

That's enough you're talking too much.

NO PLEASE I HAVE MORE TO SAY! WAIT NO N-

Her voices goes off and on and it turns hoarse as I predict the knife cuts her throat.

H-h-ha-ppy b-bir-th-d-day L-lo-tu-tus....

The reorder stops. I fall down, unable to take it in. The convenience store bag falls out my hand and I pull my knees up to my chest. It clicks and another voice starts talking.

Okay start talking.

Ren, daddy lied. About the story I told you. Well some of it. I left out that we were at a bar and I knew you're mother was married. You're mother came to me when she was pregnant and said her husband was shit anyway.

I hear a head bang against a glass table, assuming it was dad's head that got smashed into the table.

Ren, I have no reason to live. I've caused too much deaths and problems. You're a good child, I know this will not effect you as much as it did with your mother. Hell, I haven't been there most of your life so my is not important.

I shake at his words. "....that's not true."

Ummm daddy is going to go now. I'll be able to see mom, and apologize for letting you both go easily. I should have been more caution, it's my fault you're in a mental state. Well you were in your room, I've been trying to catch you're 'step-dad'. No luck.

He sigh and I hear heavy breathing. Crying...

Knowing trouble could happen at home, I signed you up with SM so I can get you out of Thailand. It was be risky and I can't keep a close eye and you'll be put out into the public and it would maybe more risky like that but I just wanted you safe. Yes you were mad I sent you away, that I invaded your life and didn't do anything for 2 years, b-but....

There was silence. I hear the clash on a bowl or plate being placed on the table.

You and my wife sure do love to talk, hurry and eating. This meal is on me.

Dad sighs.

"But what? He didn't finish!" I start to panic at his left off sentence.

..... Ren, I love you. Grow up to be strong. I was useless and there's no where to run anymore. I'm... s-sorry.....

I hear coughing as he slowly died. I hear the sound of a knife being pulled out a scabbard. Slowly I hear the thumps of the knife being stabbed into Dad.

"No...."

"Told you!!"

I look up at him, with wet angry eyes.

"You lia-"

Before I could finish, I've been stabbed in the side.