T H I R T Y F O U R

Ren's POV

Just as we end our hangout with Iris, lights flicker and everything went dark. I hear people scream and orders being yelled out. I feel hands grab and hold on to me. Manager calls out for us, but I don't dare move, sensing something bad is about to happen. Right on cue, I hear a woman scream and it instantly cuts off. A phone ring and heavy footsteps running around the studio, obviously trying to leave.

Suddenly the lights are turned back on and I see a sight I never expected to see. I quickly cover Jisung's eyes before he could look you.

"Jun , cover Chenle's eyes."

Out the corner of my eye, I see him follow my instructions and looks up to see with I see.

Screams were everywhere as we everyone looks up at the ceiling. There hanged a woman's body, blood drip from her ankles and stomach area. Her stomach was obviously cut open and looked like her organs were going to fall out.

Everyone stood in shock, just staring at the woman. Finally getting my senses, I yell out to Manager and the members.

"Get into the makeup room and don't come out until I say so. Mark cover Jisung's eyes for me."

They moved quick pace, not questioning one bit of what I said. I go into the room to get my phone and quickly dial for the police.

They could and get the woman down. Obviously she was dead. The police tells me to back away, but I ignore his orders and walk pass him to inspect the body.

"Young man-"

"I think I know why this happened."

My one statement shuts him up. I continue to look at the body and notice right inside her wound, something out of place was sticking out. Without thinking I shove my hand inside and dig for it, causing the officers to cringe.

Getting a drip on it, I pull out slowly. My hand drips of blood, but I ignore it I look at the thing I pulled out. A note.

This was a warning. Killing four just to get your attention was enough work. Be prepared. I'm ready for the fun part.

It was written in Lao.

Wait... four?

Thinking, I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Ren, you have a call."

I turn around and take the phone from Manager.

"Hello?"

"This is the police in Thai. You're Miss. Ren, right?"

"Yes..."

"Sorry to inform but your cousin was injured. He says he was attacked."

My brows crinkle.

"That's enough. I'll be in Thailand soon. Please hold on to the information till I get there. I want to heard about this in person."

The police on the other end agrees with me and I hang up.

"I'll be needing to go to Thailand again."

I explain with happened to Manager and he nods with understanding.

"Umm.... sorry for getting blood and your phone."

He shakes it off and says we'll be leaving right away.

Time Skip

At the airport, Ten stands next to me.

"Why are you here again," I ask, obviously pissed.

"I just want to protect you."

"Well, it's obvious we're dealing with a murderer. I can't guarantee safety."

"Yeah, I just don't want to leave you alone on this case."

"Whatever..."

I walk away to hail a cab to go to the hospital my cousin is at. I can feel Ten's eyes on me.

"Why the hell is it you that I love so much..." I hear him mumble to himself.

We arrive at the hospital and go directly to my cousin's room.

"Yo."

"...Yo."

"Hello I'm T-"

"I know very well who you are."

It got silent right there at my cousin's very abrupt statement. Ten was kinda surprised and kinda just gets awkward.

"Maybe it's best if I leave the conversation and details up to you two..."

He slowly back out the room, closing the door behind him.

"Okay down to the business, what happened?"

"I was walking through the halls, finished with work and heading home. I feel hands grab me from behind and the guy stabs me in the side. He says 'it's almost done' and walks away. Luckily a lady was passing by and quickly called the police and an ambulance."

I refer back to the other murder cases that been surrounding me.

"Mom, dad, you, and a lady. Mom was the first stab, dad got poisoned, then you and the lady gets stabbed. I assume he was trying for more clean methods, but it wasn't enjoyable so he went back to stabbing, but with you he was more clean. Mom's blood was smeared on the wall and the woman was hanged from the ceiling. It makes no sense."

I quietly talk to myself, my cousin just staring at me knowing how I am when it came to a subject like this.

"The man, did he he have heavy footsteps?"

"Yeah, he ran away slowly. It sounded like he was wearing boots."

The night at the hotel... the man I bumped into... he was wearing boots too, right?

Flashback go back and forth in my head trying to remember.

"I think I know who it is."

"What! Who?"

"I'll explain later."

I get up and walk out. Ten was leaning again the wall right outside the door.

"Well?"

"I have a theory on who it is."

"Huh?"

"Just roll with me, but if you don't want to die follow y directions to the bone. I want to end this quickly."

Time Skip

I walk the streets, from the convenience store. Wearing basic clothes for the hot weather, like always.

"Damn Ten, making me go out to get food when I should be caring for my cousin."

It was night, very dark yet it was heat and I was sweating more than I ever when on stage. I sigh, trying to act casual.

"Okay, let's getting this on."

I turn around to see someone sneak back into an alley. 

"I know you're there. Step out and kill me like you did with my parents."

Instead of stepping out, he peaks out his head looking at me with one eye. He stares at me.

I wait, knowing getting abrupt will cause problems. My phone vibrates and I answer it.

"Hello?"

I keep my eye on my killer, staring at him right in the eye.

"Ren how you doing?"

"Johnny... I'm fine."

"Good just calling to make sure you're alive."

"Of course I'm good."

"Mark and them are really worry. Come back soo-"

A knife comes flying at me and knocking my phone directly out my hand. It falls onto the dirt road, Johnny yelling for me on the other line.

"I see you finally have gut to take me on?"

He steps out.

"It's good to finally meet you... step-dad."