~Slipped Away~

“She is such a freak.” Zoey said whispering to her friends about Chelsea.

“Isn’t she Emo?” One of the other girls asked.

“No she is just emotional unstable.” Zoey said and they all started to laugh.

Chelsea was sitting just a few tables away from the three girls but she still heard every word and it hurt. Every word was a stab to the chest.

“No wonder her boyfriend left her, I would too if she was a emotional train wreck.” The other girl said.

“Hey bitch, just because you are sitting a few tables away from her, doesn’t mean she can’t hear you.” Ashley said slamming her fist down on the table.

Chelsea stood up from her chair and walked out of the lunch room.

“Chelsea wait up.” Ashley said running after her.

“Ashley stop please, I just need to be alone. I will see you at home.” Chelsea said and walked outside.

Ashley didn’t follow her she just stayed put. Chelsea didn’t know where she was going but she found herself standing outside her mom’s room at the hospital.

“You can go in and see her if you want.” A nurse said walking out of the room. “She is just resting.”

Chelsea nodded her head and walked into her mother’s hospital room. Picking up her mother’s hand and placing it in her own Chelsea sat down in the red hospital chair next to the bed.

“Mom, I wish you would get better. Things are so hard right now.” She paused not knowing what to say. “I love you mom, no matter what.”

The heart monitors went off; nurses and doctors ran into the room pushing Chelsea out of the way.

“Miss, I think you should leave now.” The nurse from before said. Chelsea stepped out of the room and into the hallway, the door closed behind her and she watched as they tried to revive her mother.

Chelsea’s father joined her second’s later waiting for one of the nurses or doctors to come out and say that her mother was going to be okay. But when they came out

 It was like Beverly Murphy could die happy now that she knew her daughter loved her.  The past 17 years she looked over her daughter making sure she was safe and taken care of. But now it was time to let go. She smiled on the inside when she heard those words come from her daughter mouth, and now she could leave this life and find a better one.  She could feel her heart slow down and she began to see the light.

People say they can see god when they die, but Beverly didn’t see God she saw her daughters future. She was happy and well taken care of. But she wasn’t in the picture once the visions past there was nothing but light and a small angel dressed in white with a gold halo above her head, red curls falling down her  back and gold shoes on her feet. The angel was holding her hand out, without even thinking about it she grabbed the angels hand and they were gone.

The doctor came out of the room with a nurse by his side, sadly he walked over to Chelsea and her father and stopped, and he looked down to the ground and started to speak.

“I am sorry, we did everything we could.” The doctor said. “It seemed as though she wanted to go.”

“Why?! Why would she want to go and leave me here?” Chelsea yelled more than asked.

“I am truly sorry for your loss.” He said and walked away. Chelsea broke out into uncontrollable tears. It felt as though her heart was torn in half, more so than when Alexander left her. He said that he would be back, but her mother would not be back.

“Chelsea I should probably take you to the house, I will make funeral arrangements.” Her father said.

 “No! She can’t be gone! There is so much we didn’t get the chance to do together.” She cried.

“I know but time can’t rewind its self, it’s just not possible. Your mother would want you to be happy after all this is over. And you will be.” Her father said. Chelsea stayed quiet and didn’t say a word. “Let’s get you home.”

“Okay” Chelsea said and let her father lead her out of the hospital.

“Are you going to be okay here by yourself for a while?” her father asked once they got back to the house.

“Yeah I’m fine.” She said walking towards the stairs.

“I will be home in a few hours, if you need anything call me.” he said and went back out the door.

Chelsea walked upstairs to her room and lay down on her bed. She couldn’t stop the tears from falling. Everything has been so incredible hard. She wished Alexander was here with her, she wished her mother was here. Ashley should have been here but she wasn’t and that made Chelsea cry even harder.

 Chelsea seemed to have cried herself to sleep because when she finally woke up it was two in the morning. Ashley was laying in the bed beside her with her back facing Chelsea. She got up out of bed and walked into the bathroom.

Looking into the mirror Chelsea saw nothing but a messed up face with a broken heart. Turning on the water facet she splashed some water on her face. She sighed and walked back into the bedroom Ashley was sitting up in bed her yellow eyes were sparkling in the dark, it would have scared Chelsea if she wasn’t used to it.

“Chelsea, I am so sorry.” Ashley cried taking Chelsea and pulling her into a hug.

“Don’t worry about it Ashley.” She said.

“Chelsea I know how you are feeling right now, it’s hard in the beginning but it gets so much easier as time goes on.” Ashley said trying to help Chelsea; it didn’t seem to be working but the subject was changed soon after.

“Have you heard anything from Alexander?” Chelsea asked.

“No he would have called by now.” She said taking a long pause. “Don’t worry about it Chelsea, Alexander isn’t like any of us, he can take care of himself.”

“I know, but I am scared for him. I miss him so much I can’t get him out of me head.” Chelsea said she wanted to cry again but she pushed the tears away not wanting to be weak in front of Ashley.

“I am scared for him to but you just don’t need to worry about him right now.” She said.

“Let’s go back to bed. We will talk in the morning.” Ashley agreed and they crawled back into bed and fell asleep.

“The girl’s mother is dead.”Luke informed Weston.

“Good, the girl will be easier to get to now.” He said thrilled. “We just need to find the right time.”

“Yes sir. Do we have any news on the vampire monster?” Luke asked.

“He killed two more of our men. He is getting out of control. We have to capture him…soon.” Weston said. There was a knock on the door and a man entered.

“This man has information for you sir.” Another man said. He motioned a man to come in he was dressed in a nice black suit and looked as though he had a argument with himself before entering the room.

“Mr. Murphy what is a nice business man like you doing here?” Weston asked.

“There is a vampire living in my house, with my daughter. She is putting my Chelsea in danger.” Murphy said. “I want her gone.”

“In time Mr. Murphy in time, all three of them will be dealt with.” Weston said and laughed loudly. “Leave.”

Mr. Murphy was shoved out of the room Weston still laughing evilly.