~The Last Goodbye~

“Chelsea it’s Thanksgiving, go spend some time with your mother.” Chelsea’s dad said walking into the room.

“What’s the point?” she mumbled to herself as she walked out of her room.

Her father pushed her against the wall so hard; Chelsea thought she could hear her brain rattle around. He leaned in so close; she could feel his breath on her face.

“She is your mother, you love her and she loves you.” He whispered harshly. There was a crash from down stairs, her father pushed away from her and rushed down the stairs. Chelsea was right behind her father. When they made it into the kitchen Chelsea saw her mother on the floor, passed out cold barely breathing.

“Call 911!” her father yelled at her as he ran over and pulled her mother into his lap. “Hurry!”

Chelsea ran over to the phone frantically, she dialed 911 as fast as she could, she felt as though her heart was getting ready to jump out of her chest.

“911, what’s your emergency?” the lady at on the other end asked.

“MY mother she passed out, please send help!” she yelled into the phone.

“Missy, calm down and give me your address.” The woman said.

“Um, 218 Sycamore street.”

“Paramedics are on the way.” The woman said.

“Thank you.” Chelsea replied and threw the phone down running over to her mother. As she fell to the ground, sirens could be heard from down the street.

“Mom, everything is going to be okay.” Chelsea said leaning over her mother. Tears were running down her face, her heart not slowing down a bit.

The paramedics barged in through the door and entered the kitchen.

“Please stand back.” One of the men said, Chelsea moved backwards and watched as they placed her mother on a stretcher.

“Someone tell us what happened here.” A woman with short red hair said standing in front of Chelsea.

“She has cancer.” She said.

“My daughter and I were upstairs, I heard a crash and I rushed down stairs, soon after Chelsea came into the room, I saw my wife lying on the ground. I rushed over to her, and told Chelsea to call 911.” Her father explained to the woman.

“Your daughter said your wife had cancer?” she asked.

“Yes, she has breast cancer, they gave her three months to live.” He told her.

“That was three months ago.” Chelsea said.

“Well, we will get her checked out, she might have just passed out and it might not be anything major.” The woman said reassuring them. “You can ride to the hospital with her if you wish.”

“We will take my car and follow you.” Chelsea father said and they walked outside.

Alexander showed up at Chelsea’s house a few minutes after the ambulance left, he had no idea of the events that took place just moments before. He saw the door opened and all the lights on, thinking the hunters broke in and took Chelsea he walked inside and examined the living room.

Everything appeared to be in place that was until he walked into the kitchen. Glass was scattered around the floor but there was not traces of blood.

“Chelsea!” he called out. He hoped she was there and the hunters didn’t snatch her.

There was no answer; Alexander couldn’t hear her heart beat or the sound of her soft breathing. He walked up stairs and into Chelsea’s bedroom. He loved her room; the walls were painted blood red with white trim around the bottom of the walls. The carpet was black shag, so soft it was like a coat on a dog. Her bed had red silk sheets and they still smelled like Chelsea.

A car’s headlights flashed through the window which caused Alexander to jump. He looked outside and saw Chelsea’s dad’s car had just pulled in.

“You go on to sleep, I will go back to the hospital.” Her dad’s voice said.

Hospital? Alexander wondered. What happened tonight? The door down stairs closed and footsteps made their way up the stairs. Chelsea’s door opened and Alexander had no time to hide, the light flipped on and just as fast Alexander was out the window.

Alexander watched as she walked over to the window and slid it closed, as she walked back to her bed and sat down.

“Alexander I wish you was here.” He heard her say. It made his heart want to break seeing her hurt like this. He didn’t know what was going on but he would find out.

As the night went on Chelsea finally fell asleep, Alexander didn’t leave the house though. He stayed outside her window just watching her, making sure she was okay.

The crunch of leaves and the snap of a branch made Alexander whip around.

“Ashley, watch your step.” Alexander snapped.

“Sorry, I came to warn you, we have visitors.” She said.

“I know, I ran into Weston last night, he is after Chelsea.” He said.

“Alex, you can’t protect her forever. The best thing for her right now is for you to leave.” She said. “I will watch her; let her know I am still here.”

“I don’t want to leave her.” He said. His heart was throbbing in pain.

“You need to. Lead them away like you said you would. I will watch over her.” Ashley tried to convince him.

“I will.” He said. Alexander slid the window open and jumped inside. Walking over to the bed he picked up a blanket and threw it over Chelsea’s sleeping form. She groaned and rolled over now facing Alexander, Alexander didn’t let out the breath he was holding until she didn’t move anymore. He bent over and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

“I will return.” He said and hopped back out the window.

Chelsea jumped up when the window slammed shut. She didn’t remember covering herself with a blanket before she fell asleep. She got up and walked into the bathroom. She flipped on the light and jumped when she saw the red head looking at her in the mirror.

“Ashley what the hell!” she yelled. Ashley gave her a big hug not planning on ever letting her go.

“Where are your parents?” Ashley asked.

“At the hospital, Mom passed out they don’t know what happened.” Chelsea explained.

“Is she okay?”

“They don’t know, Dad brought me home a few hours ago. Where is Alexander?” Chelsea asked.

“He just left; he is leading the hunters to Charlotte.” Ashley said.

“Wait. Just left as in her was here?”

“Yeah, he didn’t want to leave you, but he had to.” Ashley said. “Listen, you need to be careful, the hunters they know about you and Alexander. They are going to try something to get him back.”

“What do you mean? They found you guy s already.”

“They want him dead.” Ashley informed her. “Is it cool if I stay here for awhile?”

“Uh yeah sure.” Chelsea said. “Where have you been?”

“Anywhere out of sight, we found a house in the woods that we were staying in but they found us again.” Ashley explained.

“It’s getting late maybe we should get some sleep.” Chelsea said.

“Sir, the vampire girl is staying with the vampire’s girlfriend.” Luke informed Weston once they met at the bar.

“Perfect, at least we know where they both are.” He said happily. “Where does the girl live?”

“On Sycamore Street, south side of town.”

“Brilliant. We will wait a few days then make our move.” Weston said. “Until then get some rest. And find that damn monster!”