~Date Night~

School could not go by any slower seventh period was plain torture fifteen more minutes until the bell would ring.

“Chelsea, what is up with you?” Ashley asked leaning over

“Your brother is taking me out after school.”  She said excitedly.

“Oh, where is he taking you?” she asked in wonder.

“I don’t know yet, but he said you would have to walk home.” Chelsea said laughing.

“Well, that is not going to happen if he is picking us up.” she angrily replied.

“Okay, ugh can’t time go slower?” she complained

“Try living for a thousand years it gets worse.” Ashley said

“You would know.”

“Yes I would.” The bell finally rung, Chelsea stormed out of class with Ashley right on her heels. Dropping by her locker Chelsea threw her books inside and slammed the door and followed Ashley out into the school yard.

Alexander’s Camaro pulled into the parking lot and screeched to a halt right in front of the girls. Ashley opened the door and climbed into the back seat.

“I thought there was going to be no Ashley.” Alexander said looking directly at Chelsea.

“Sorry kinda let it slip that you said she was walking home, and she just had to throw a fit.” Chelsea said winking at Ashley.

“Did not!” she shouted and pulled the seat down, Chelsea climbed in the front next to Alexander and closed the door.

“Fine. We will drop you off then we are going out.” He said looking at Chelsea.

“Where are you going?” Ashley asked from the back seat.

“Not telling.” Alexander said and stuck his tongue out at his sister.

After they dropped Ashley off at home Alexander took Chelsea to the movies. He bought the tickets but wouldn’t say what they were going to see. He held her hand as they walked into the dark theater. There was only about two or three other people inside, so they took a seat in the center of the room in the middle of the row.

“What movie is this Alexander?” Chelsea asked for the fifth time.

“Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, now will you stop asking?” he replied.

“Yes.” She said happily with a smile on her face. She leaned down in her chair and put her feet on the back of the seat in front of her.

Once the lights went down and the movie started Chelsea slipped her arm through Alexander’s and leaned her head on his shoulder.  Alexander glanced over at her just as the old man was pulled through the small opening in the wall; she clutched his arm and had a disturbed look on her face.

“I’m going to kill you.” She whispered under her breath but Alexander still heard her.

“That’s impossible.” He whispered into her hair and kissed her.

As the movie went on Chelsea would not release Alexander’s arm, not that he minded or anything, she jumped a few times. Once it was over people stood up and started to clear out. Chelsea threw Alexander back his arm and stood up. She picked up her jacket and her trash and waited for Alexander.

“That wasn’t so bad.” He said stretching.

“Yeah, whatever.” She said. Chelsea hated scary movies but she loved to watch them. They reassured her that somewhere out there things could happen to people and that some people’s lives were worse than hers.