Chapter 14

"So baby, what do you want for lunch?" Ace asked me while holding my hand from across the café table.

"Hmmm, I might have a cheeseburger, with fries and a Coke Zero!" I replied excitedly while grinning widely at the thought of food. Gosh I'm so hungry, this baby really wants food.

"Okay Atty, I'll be right back" ace got up out of his seat and walked over to the counter waiting in line so he can order our food and drinks. My phone suddenly went off in my pocket, so I pulled it out to see I had a message from Madelyn.

From: Madelyn
Hey have you told Ace about the baby?

To: Madelyn
No not yet, I'm really scared he's gonna leave me Mads. What would I do if he leaves me?

From: Madelyn
Gorgeous if he leaves you, then he isn't worth your time! And plus you'll have the girls and myself! And maybe even the boys!

To: Madelyn
I guess... I just really don't want him to leave me!

From: Madelyn
I know baby girl, but everything will be okay.

"And here is your cheeseburger with fries and Coke Zero gorgeous." I heard the voice of Ace. I looked up to see him smiling down at me while putting my food and drink down on the table, while the old lady put his food down on the opposite side.

"Thanks babe." I replied while smiling back at him. Gosh I love him so much, he's so sweet to me.

"You two are so cute together! Young man, this girl is a keeper don't let her go." The old lady who's name was Marie from her name tag. I blushed bright red at her comment and looked down at my food thinking it was the most interesting thing in the world right now.

"Thank you. I also don't plan on loosing her. She's the best thing that ever happened to me." Ave said whole smiling lovingly at me and reached over to grab my hand from across the table. My cheeks flushed bright red at his sentence to Marie, which they both chuckled at my reaction.

"Well you two enjoy your lunch and if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask." Marie smiled cheerfully at us and then walked back behind the counter to serve more customers.

"So did you really mean what you said?" I asked shyly while eating a fry off my plate.

"Of course I did baby. Look, I wanna ask you something really important." A nervously confessed while running his hands through his hair.

"Course, A. What is it?" I asked just a nervously. Is this where he is gonna leave me? Oh no, he can't leave me, he can't leave me alone with this baby, I need him. Okay wait! He hasn't said anything yet, Autumn don't jump to conclusions, just take a deep breath and think positive. Okay I've got this.

"Atty, we've known each other our whole lives pretty much and you've always been my best friend, my Atty, the one who picks me back up when I fall, the one that never looses faith in me and keeps pushing me to achieve my dreams. So for almost 3 months we've had this thing going on and I've loved every single bit of it, there's only two things wrong with it." He replied while looking at me with a frown.

Oh no this isn't good. Autumn, no negativity!

"Oh, what's that?" I replied while nervously fiddling with my hands.

"Well, the first one is your not officially mine, your not my baby girl, your not my princess, your not my baby, your not my girl. The second one is because we're not official, I can't hold your hand in public or kiss you, hug you, hold you, say your mine to all those boys that stare at you while you walk through school or that I'm yours to all those girls that try and through themselves at me. So now I'm changing that." Ace explained everything to me, this made my heart melt, oh my god! He's so amazing, I don't know what I'd do without him!