Chapter 16 - Reyna

The next day, I finally had enough courage to take on the beast living in my own temporary home.

I was so certain Nico would hate me.

I approached his bedroom with caution. He probably hated me right now. I took a deep breath.

"You can do this." I whispered to myself.

I hadn't seen Nico since last night, and was so not ready for this. Yet I couldn't let myself hold me back.

I knocked on his door. Nobody answered.
I knocked again. Nobody came to the door. All was silent. I ran to a window and saw that it was nighttime. Nighttime already?

I assumed that he was asleep, yet felt the urge to open the door. I HAD to talk to him. I felt so stupid.

I creaked the door open. "Nico?" I asked.

I looked at the bed- it was empty. I got worried.

"Nico?!" I asked. Where could he be? Had he moved back into his old house? Was he bunking at someone else's because he was so mad at me?

     ................

After calling Leo, Hazel, Percy, Piper and even Frank, I found that Nico wasn't anywhere.

I exited Nicos room and went down the stairs. I was so worried. Because of one of my stupid actions, Nico had run away. I felt incredibly horrible.

"Nico.... Just please come back..." I croaked to myself.

I slumped to the kitchen. Just as I was opening the kitchen door, Nico opened it from the other side. He looked like he had been crying, and his eyes had huge bags under them.

The two of us just stood there staring at each other in pure shock.

I rushed forward and wrapped my arms around Nico in a big hug. He didn't do or say anything, except return the embrace.

We stood there for several minutes.

"I'm so sorry." I cried into his shoulder.

"You did nothing." Nico said.

How could he think I did nothing? I drained all his energy last night? How could he not hate me right now?

"B-But I- No, Nico- I..." I stumbled upon words and I couldn't express to Nico exactly what sorrow I felt.

"It's okay." He whispered into my ear.  "Calm down."

All I did was nod, slowly.

"Thank you." He said softly.

I smiled.