Chapter 14: Nico

Sorry It's been so long since I last updated! :)

I woke up to dead silence. I rubbed my eyes, and stepped out of the bed I had been laying in. I looked down at my out fit. I blushed deeply. I was wearing pajamas. I didn't recall putting on fuzzy shorts, and a tank top before bed. Someone else had dressed me.

I looked around. I was in my room, well technically, Reyna's extra guest room. I threw on something more comfortable and walked down the stairs.

The living room was loud with chatter. Reyna looked up, as I descend the stairwell. She blushed.

"Hey Nico.  Are you feeling better? I really didn't mean to do that to you, I mean, with that intensity." She said, her words coming out in an unusual hurried fluster.

"What do you mean, what did you do?"  Asked, unsure of what she was talking about.

"Oh, um..." She shot up out of her hair, and ran out of the room. I saw the wink of a tear run down her face. Standing there like a complete idiot, I muttered; "What's wrong with her?"

I had barely noticed the Hunters, they'd been so quiet. One of them,  Ariana I think, spoke up.

"Nicolas, I am a great friend of Reyna, and have known her for many years. I am sure you think you know her too. Yet, you don't know her- not like we do. So until you can open up to her, she won't open up to you."

She said this all very slowly, and the longer she spoke the angrier I got.

"I know Reyna far better then you ever will! Now tell me what's going on!?" I shouted.

They all shook their heads. Thalia had been looking at the ground. "Nico." She looked up. "Go ask Reyna what's wrong."

I still didn't understand what was going on, one moment we were having a party, the next everyone's acting like it's a funeral.

Still is coughed. I turned and stopped back up the stairs, turning away from Reyna's locked door.

I opened my notebook of poems, and started to write. Words came flooding onto the paper, and I wasn't sure what I was writing anymore.  It didn't make sense, but the pencil still moved. Tears streaked down my face. I couldn't see, yet I still scribbled.

I finished my poem and wiped the tears from my saddened complexion. I gazed down at the words, not believing that I'd written them.

..........................

Hope;

What is it, the flame inside us that powers what we do?

What is it that provides us heat, ourselves and our neighbors too?

What is that spark, the axel to the wheel?

What is that energy, that food from this dinner's meal.

Maybe it's a fight, before and after rest.

Maybe just a rally, or maybe just a jest.

Maybe it is a pair of little wings, fixed on my blades.

Maybe it's the shadowy feeling, that makes me fade.

All I know is that I need it, need the power.

All I know is that I depend on it, every hour.

All I know is that I want it, for it is a lure.

All I know is that I am deeply in love... with her.

.....................