Chapter 10: Nico

Reyna's house was just like I left it. There were a few cracks in the wall, from when I tried punching Leo for chasing me, and missed and hit the wall. Reyna either didn't notice or didn't care. Thankfully. We walked to the room she had offered me the night before. 

I thanked her, and sat down on the bed. I had cleaned up the mess in here as well. It looked normal again, with a couch pushed to the wall, the curtains open, and the bed neatly made. 

I shut the curtains, but left the window open. The silver drapes blow softly in the wind. I turn off the light and relax. I remember my poetry books, and get them out. 

I quickly jotted down a few ideas. 

Shadows are wide, Streching over the ground like a blanket

Shade you from the sun, Fast like a winter breeze

Wrapped around me, like a black anklet

They are my friends, like the trees

Stick to me, I have just one

Follows me, Throughout the day

The light, they do shun

On the ground, they gingerly lay

When I finished, I closed the book, and set it on my bedside table. I got up off the bed. I walked to the door, and exited the room.

I found Reyna reading on the couch.

"You read?" I ask. She looked up.

"Yes. You?" She asked sharply.

I thought back to my large collection of books, and all my poems. 

"Not much." I lied. I didn't want to sound like some crazy book worm. 

She looked back at her book. "That's too bad. I love it." 

"What book are you reading?" I ask, curiosity crossing over my face. 

She looked at me again, studying my face. "It's by Allen Ginsberg. It's called Howl and other Poems. It's quite the book. It says it came out November 1st 1956."

My heart got stuck in my throught. I loved that book. It came around when my grandmother turned twenty. My mother used to read that book to me all the time. I swallowed my sudden giddiness. I put my usual emotionless mask on. 

"Sounds cool." I said. 

She nodded, obviously suspicious. 

"Il libro è molto simpatico , DiAngelo ." She said in Italian. She had just stated that the book was pleasant.  I wondered why she switched languages. 

I spoke back Italian, questioning the change in language. 

"Reyna , Perché avete cambiato le lingue?" 

"Ho paura che abbiamo una spia , e questo dovrebbe sembrare casuale . " She spoke back to me, easily keeping her usual calmness.   

Spy's? Reyna said there were spy's, but I didn't hear anyone. Then again, she was made praetor for a reason. 

"Dove?" I asked in Italian, meaning one word. Where?  

She jerked her head towards the window, just enough that I could notice. 

" Vado a controllare fuori, Reyna." I said, assuring her that'd I go check it out. I silently melted into the darkness. I reappeared behind the person who was listing on our conversation.    

They still hadn't noticed that I had left the house. I consider them. I was shocked. I hadn't been wanting to see his face for a long time. I still hadn't forgiven him for what he did. 

He turned, not surprised to see me.

He smiled. Yet, I didn't return it. I scowled even, not that that wasn't unusual. 

"Hello Nico." He said, still wearing that stupid smirk. 

"Hello." I said coldly. "Will."