Chapter 9: Nico

After hiding in the bathroom closet for an hour, I finally decided to come out. I walked to Reyna's room and knocked on her white wooden door. She opened it. Leo was unconscious in the back of the room, with a big welt on his head. Reyna stood there, in the doorway, looking tired. 

"Where were you? Leo couldn't find you and came to me!" 

"I'm sorry for that..." I said sheepishly. She rolled her eyes, and walked downstairs. I looked around. Leo and I had obviously done a number on Reyna's house while they had been running around. Reyna took one glance at the place, and sighed. She turned to me, and I was afraid she was going to punch me. 

"Nico, you can help clean up the mess you made, I'm going to go get Repair Boy up there, and get him to come down and help you clean up my house. Nico nodded, he knew this was his fault. He had better fix his mistake. 

Reyna stomped up the stairs, and I am left to clean up the huge mess. I start in the living room. A moment later, I hear a scream. Leo quickly was making his way down the steps, muttering about a crazed praetor. He saw the mess the two of us had made last night, in his mad pursuit to play 'capture the ghost king'. 

"Now I can see why Reyna was so mad!" He said. I nodded in agreement. "Well, you can clean that up." He said, turning to leave. I shadow traveled right in front of him, and he gave a small yelp. 

"Don't do that!" He hissed. I rolled my eyes.

"Valdez, you helped me make the mess, so your gonna help me clean it up." I scolded. I felt like a mother yelling at her children for spilling something or another. He smiled. 

"Okay Mom." He said, then moved to pick up chairs, and pillows, accidentally setting them on fire once or twice. We finished there, and moved onto the kitchen. 

When we were done we called down Reyna. She came down the stairs, no longer wearing her sleeping clothes, her hair wet, and looking quite refreshed. 

"We finished cleaning, a few things are kinda burnt, but they're not that bad." She looked over everything. She smiled.

This looks nice, now out of my house and don't bug me again till I get something to eat. Leo happily jumped over the counter, and bolted to the door. I sighed and quickly shrank back into the shadows. 

.............................

I reappeared into the living room of my house and saw that it was completely flooded. Three feet of water was leveled above the ground. I trudged to the kitchen, and saw the sink overflowing with water. The spout was cracked, and water was spurting out. 

I tried everything I could, but eventually, I just made it worse by slicing off the faucet with my sword. It sprayed the ceiling. I trudged back through the watery mess, to the stairs of my house. I climbed up them, glad they were free of water. I grabbed a bag with some of my clothes, I stash my poem books in my jacket,  my school bag, a toothbrush and toothpaste, then shadow traveled to the front of my house. 

I walked to Leo's house. He said he'd fix up the faucet in no time. I thanked him, and Iris messaged Hazel. I needed somewhere to stay. 

I couldn't stay with Percy and Annabeth, It would be too awkward. I couldn't stay with Jason and Piper, Piper was nice and all, but she talked constantly. I couldn't stay with Grover, he was too scared of me. There was no way in heck I would stay with Leo. Or the Stoll brothers. Reyna... Maybe. Hyllia had her own house, way in another neighborhood, but I didn't know her that much, and plus, she scared me. Calypso was Hyllia's neighbor, so no. Stillia, Iris's girl, Nico didn't know that much either. 

Spending the night with Hazel wouldn't be that bad...  

Once she answered the Iris message, I asked if I could crash at her house. 

"Um... Well, Nico. Frank and I are inviting two people from school over to meet them tonight, and I'd rather that..." She looked down.

"That they don't meet me?" I ask. I was a pretty scary guy.

"Sorry, Nico! Any other day, really!" Her eyes were starting to water. 

"Hazel, It's okay." I said soothingly. I didn't want to scare her. 

She nodded. "What if you went to the Underworld with dad?" She asked. 

I shook my head. "Hades and I have been... Fighting recently... It's nothing." I didn't want her to worry about that either. 

She looks at me, questionably, but I just wave my hand through the image and the connection is lost. I'm out of options. 

I turn around and walk to Reyna's house. I knock on the door. A minuet later, she answers. 

"Hey... So... Um, My house flooded." I pointed to the house neighboring Reyna's, awkwardly. She looked over. It didn't seem that much different.

"Can I check it out?" She asked. I nodded, and gestured for her to follow me.  When we reached my door, I opened it. The couch that had been keeping the water from flooding out before, wasn't there anymore, and waves of water crashed over us. Reyna fell back, and I fell on top of her. I quickly pushed myself off, blushing a deep red. 

We both got up, avoiding each other's gaze. We trudged in. Some places still trapped water. The walls were stained, and the furniture dripping. The water level seemed to have risen before I swung open the door. 

The two of us walked to the kitchen and Leo was furiously hitting pipes under the sink. He muttered a few curses in Greek, then started to yell in rapid Spanish. 

" Estúpido fregadero ! ¿Por qué me tourture con sus aguas arrogantes ? Eres uno iddiotic- . "

He stopped yelling when he noticed we were there. 

"Oh hey guys." He looked to me, and said sheepishly. "You sink stinks. I will work on fixing it, but you might not want to stay here. You can sleep at my place!" I suddenly became very scared for myself. I didn't want another night with Leo. 

"I'll stay with someone else, thank you." He shrugged, his smile still there. 

I turned to Reyna. This was awkward.

"Can I stay at your house while Repair Boy her fixes my house for me?" I ask, unsure of what I was doing.

Reyna sighed. Clearly this was not what she had hoped for the day. 

"Sure, but on one condition." I raised an eye brow. "You, Nico diAngelo, have to cook for me. I know how, but I'm not that good. I could use some help in the kitchen." She said this all with a tired smirk.

I raised both my eyebrows.

"Cook? I don't know how to..." I stopped. 

"Well, I guess you'll have to bunk with Mr. Mcshizzle here..."She trailed off, knowing my answer.

"Fine." I grumbled. "I'll cook for you, but this is going to get awkward." 

She laughed and we left Leo, yelling at my sink. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! Plus, If you don't speak Spanish, what Leo said was:

"You stupid sink! Why do you tourture me with your arrogant waters? You are one iddiotic-."

Yeah... Well, more news. Since the start of school, Updates will be slower, but still I can promise 1 to 2 chapters (Or more) every week. 

Thank you all for reading this! I have had fun writing this! Have a good one and comment below!

~Lashagore