The Little Spoon (Josh Pieters x Reader)

Being in a relationship with someone can sometimes come with the baggage of their past partners. This was definitely the case with Josh.

"Hey babe, do you mind if I run over to Caspar's to film a video?" The two of you had been spending a lazy day lounging in his room when his phone went off.

"Of course, not." you rolled over and kissed him before getting up from the bed.

"Are you sure? I don't have to." Josh said, moving to sit on the edge of the bed. He always worried that you would feel neglected.

"I'm absolutely sure." you chuckled. "I need to grocery shop anyways." Grabbing your purse, you walked to stand in front of Josh. "Be safe. Text me later if you want to do something." You said, bending down to pull him into a kiss.

"I'll make sure to text you." Josh replied, watching you leave the flat.

Josh never told you he was going to do something, instead he asked if he could. At first, you thought it was just one of those things that goes away after you've dated for a while. 6 months in, however, you were worried. It made you feel like he was afraid to do anything without your approval. Even worse, he never asked you to do anything for him, always putting the responsibility on himself.

You had text him "Hey, love. Want to hangout at mine tonight? I just got the Lego Harry Potter game!"

"I'm in!" he text back. "I have to run a few errands and then I'll pick up dinner and meet you at yours."

Happy he was coming over, you replied "Why don't you let me go get food while you run your errands and we'll just meet back here?" you added a kissy face.

"I don't want you to have to go out." Josh replied. "I'll just get it on the way."

"I've got a solution. PIZZA!" you had text back. "I'll order our usual and keep it warm in the oven until you get here."

"Perfect. I'll bring cash for the pizza. Let me know if you need me to grab anything. I'll try to be quick. See you soon, love." Josh text.

"Keep your money, babe. It's on me. And take your time! Be safe! I'm not going anywhere." you text back a winky face.

Josh had planned on stashing the cash in your purse anyways. You had to fight Josh to let you pay for anything or to let you do something for him. He always took care of you, but you wanted him to let you take care of him.

A few days later, Josh had driven quite a few hours with Joe and Caspar to take part in a video shoot. They had planned on being back later that day for a movie night, but the shoot ended up taking all day and into the evening. They had even asked the boys to return the next day. Joe suggested they just share a hotel room and so Josh had facetimed you making sure you were okay with it.

"That sounds like a good plan. I'd rather you stay there and be safe than drive all night!" You replied.

"I promise we're just going to stay the night and we'll head out after the shoot." Josh insisted on telling you. He didn't want you to think that they had planned this.

"Hey. Don't stress, love. Make a night of it. It's been a while since you and those two have gone out and had some fun. You've been so busy and friends are important." you told Josh. "Have a few drinks. Eat some good food." you smiled, hoping Josh would stop worrying.

"That sounds like a good plan." Joe had popped onto the screen.

"See!" you laughed. "Joe, make sure my boy has a good night."