Distracting Josh (Josh Pieters x Reader)

Waking up to a ruffling noise in the middle of the night had you on edge. Granted, you were at a festival in the middle of nowhere, but the noise was really really close. Keeping still, you slowly turned your head to see Josh pacing back and forth in the tent.

"Oh my god, you scared the shit out of me." You said, sitting up in the bunk you were sharing with your friend Grant.

"I'm sorry." He said, sitting on his bunk. "I'm struggling to stay awake." He said, his face dropping into his hands.

Josh was determined to stay up for the whole festival. He did great the first night, but you could see it wearing on him. You had already gotten about 6 hours of sleep, so you carefully got out of the bunk so that you wouldn't wake Grant. Throwing on one of Josh's hoodies, you slipped your converse on, grabbed your bag, and grabbed Josh's hand to pull him out of the tent.

"Let's go for a walk." You said, still holding Josh's hand. The two of you had met a couple of times in the past and every time you ended up flirting.

"I don't want to ruin your night." Josh said, stopping and pulling you back to him.

"Who says you're ruining it?" You asked, pulling him down the path. "Have you been vlogging enough?"

"I have tons of footage. Last night I was totally alone so I vlogged the whole thing." He answered.

Walking off the path to a small open area between loads of trees, your mind started wandering. "You know, we should play a game." You said, sitting down at the bottom of one of the massive trees.

"What game?" Josh asked, sitting down next to you.

"I don't know. I'd say truth or dare, but I don't know how much we could dare each other in the middle of nowhere." You laughed.

"Truth works." He said, smiling over at you. "You first."

"Why did you want to do another no sleep challenge?" You asked.

"I don't know. I think it's funny, more than anything. I know I won't make it, but it's fun to try." He answered.

"Always the entertainer." You laughed. "Your turn."

"Are you and Grant a thing?" He asked.

"Nope. Never have been." You answered, laughing. "Have you ever read fanfiction about yourself?"

"Oh, fuck." He said, laughing. "I have. I have very kinky subscribers, apparently."

"I don't doubt that." You replied.

"Why are you out here instead of sleeping right now?" He asked.

"A few reasons. I'll answer with...I like your company." You said, smiling up at Josh.

"A few reasons?" He pried.

"Nuh-uh. I gave my answer." You laughed. "Have you tried, you know. Taking care of yourself to wake up?" You asked.

It was dark, but you could see Josh's eyes open wide. "I um. You know. Not much privacy. And uh, I didn't actually think about that until right now."

"How?" You laughed. "We've caught Caspar wanking twice already."

Josh threw his head back laughing. "That's Caspar for you." You both sat in silence for a few minutes before Josh cleared his throat.

"Something on your mind, Pieters?" You asked, watching him fidget.

"I would use being tired as an excuse as to why my mind is stuck on this thought, but if I'm being honest I've always wondered about it." Josh said.

"And what would that be?" You asked.

"Well, you. But currently, us." He said looking down at you. "I've always liked you, but we always just stayed buddies. And then you just asked me about jerking off and my mind is spiraling to certain places awfully quickly. You can go back to the tent if you want." he said, continuing to fidget.

Putting your hand on his thigh, you looked up at him until he looked back at you. "Josh. One, I wouldn't have brought it up if I was uncomfortable talking about it." You laughed. "And two, I've always wondered...you know. About that."

Dipping down to your height, Josh kissed you. "We're outside. And I don't have anything." He said between heated kisses, making sure to keep his hands to himself.

Placing your hands on either side of his neck, you deepened the kiss. "Josh, I'm a big girl. I'm allowed to carry condoms. Plus, we're in the soft grass hidden by trees."

Breaking the kiss, Josh pulled off one of his hoodies, spreading it out in the grass. "Here." He said, laying you back on the sweatshirt. "Is this okay?"

Pulling him back into a kiss, you felt him start to explore your body with his hands. "It's perfect."

In the times you had let yourself think about what would happen if the two of you ever hooked up, you always pictured it being "in the heat of the moment" and clumsy and rushed. Josh was proving that not to be true. He was gentle and sweet and took the time to tease you and make sure you had been taken care of before he even pulled the condom out of your bag. He told you how beautiful you were and made sure you were comfortable and warm the whole time.

When you finally redressed and cuddled together under the tree, the sun was starting to come up. The two of you stayed there until right before the breakfast pavilion was opening. When Caspar and Grant found you at one of the picnic tables, Josh definitely still looked tired, but he had a smile on his face and his arm around you.

"Hey, buddy." Caspar said, sitting down across from you. "Did you stay up last night?"

"He did." you answered.

"Your camera was on your bed so we didn't know if you had crashed somewhere." Grant added, sitting down at the table.

"Nope." Josh looked down at you. "This one kept me company."

"Did you vlog any of it?" Caspar asked.

"Caspar, I don't think you can put what they got up to last night on YouTube." Grant laughed. He saw the way you were cuddled into Josh's side and the smiles on both of your faces. Your friend knew you well.