CAMPING (JOSH X READER) CHAPTER 6

Joe and Caspar unloaded the truck once the rain completely stopped. The campsite was still wet, but the fire survived and none of the tents had leaked. Trying to give you a break from all of the cooking, Oli started preparing dinner.

"Joe, is this stuff for meat and veg kabobs?" Oli asked him.

"Yeah, we figured it was an easy meal for the fire." Joe replied.

"Perfect." Oli said, starting to prepare the kabobs. "Want to get the fire set up to cook?" he asked Caspar.

"Can do." He replied, setting up a little metal grate to grill on.

Smelling the food, you and Josh looked at each other with questioning looks. You put socks and shoes on, and brushed out your messy tangled hair. Leaving the tent, you noticed the boys had take over, preparing dinner and cleaning up the camp after the storm.

"Aww, you guys are awesome." You said, hugging Oli.

"You've been taking care of all of us this whole time. Figured we'd give you a break." He said, keeping an arm around you.

"Is Conor still in his tent?" you asked, noticing everyone was around the fire except for him.

"Yeah, he changed and snuggled up in the tent. He may still be asleep." Jack said.

"Let me go check on him." you said, walking over to their tent. "Conor?" you called. "You awake?"

Not getting an answer, you opened the tent door. He was awake, he just couldn't hear you. He had his headphones in his ears, recording little snippets of the two songs you had written on his phone. "Hey!" he said, patting the spot next to him. "I just didn't want us to forget any of the parts we wrote."

Putting the earbud he handed you in your ear, you listened to him play back the song. "I love it. Good idea, too. I hate when I finally get something and then I forget it before I can write it down or record it."

"Dinner's ready!" Oli called out.

"Thank God. I'm starving." Conor said, crawling out of the tent.

"He's alive!" Caspar teased Conor.

You made your way to Josh, snuggling into his side. "Dinner is great, Oli. Thank you."

"I'm glad." he replied.

"I know what game we're playing tonight." Joe said, with a mischievous grin on his face. "Jack, remember the video you did with Oli? Drink it or shot it?"

"Oh, god. No more beans." Oli whined.

"No, no. We're playing the same game, but with actual shots. You get to ask someone a question and if they don't want to answer, they take a shot." Joe said.

"Sounds good to me." Josh said.

"I'm in." Caspar added.

"Alright, someone grab the booze." you laughed, walking to your tent to grab a blanket for you and Josh. It had gotten pretty late and the rain left the air quite chilly. "Make sure you guys put on sweaters and extra socks tonight. It's going to be a cold one."

"First question then, Y/n." Joe laughed. "Do you baby us because you think we're stupid or because you like being the mom of the group."

Josh laughed, too, handing you a shot which you immediately downed.

Everyone's grumbles could be heard. "We're not stupid!" "I mean I did forget the tent, but I'm super manly." "I managed to cook dinner just fine!"