CAMPING (JOSH X READER) CHAPTER 1

"I cannot believe you guys convinced me to go camping with a bunch of lads." You fake whined, grabbing your backpack and pillow out of the back of one of the SUVs.

"Come on, Y/n. You know none of us can cook." Jack teased.

Laughing, you dropped your stuff next to your tent bag. "Aww, no Nandos in the woods, huh?" you jabbed back.

"Mmmmmm, Nandos." Conor added, finally getting out of the SUV.

"Don't worry, Y/n. Caspar and I grew up camping outside. We'll help you take care of the pretty boys." Josh reassured you.

"Thank, God. I was afraid I was going to have to do everything." you laughed.

"That's it. I'm not a child, you know. I can help!" Jack started setting up his and Conor's tent. "Just watch. I'll have this up in no time."

"Calm down, cowboy. Let me know when you want help." you said, setting up your own tent.

You had your own small tent, Oli and Joe and Mikey had a large tent to share, Josh and Caspar had a large tent to share, and Conor and Jack had a small tent to share. You had yours up in no time, and you had your sleeping bag set out with all of your supplies organized in your tent.

Walking back to the trucks to grab your second bag, you looked around your camp site. Joe and Oli seemed to be doing okay, with Mikey being told to sit and watch. You assumed it was because Joe grew up in the country. Josh and Caspar were finished and already walking around looking for firewood. Jack and Conor on the other hand...Well, Jack was tangled in his own tent line and Conor was resting his head on Mikey's shoulder.

"Jaaaaack, how did you do this?" you asked, dropping your secret bag back in your tent.

"It's a process, Y/n. I don't need help. I'm just feeling it out." Jack said with fake confidence.

"Come on, hun. Let me help." you begged.

"Fine, fine. I swear we're missing parts, though. The instructions say to put these two long poles together, but I can't find them." He said, pointing at the instructions.

"Jack, there was a second bag that came with your tent. Did you leave it at the house?" you questioned, knowing deep down that he had.

"It's probably still in the truck." he replied, walking back to the SUVs.

Caspar and Josh had gotten a fire started and had pulled the ice chest and dry supplies to rest between your tent and theirs.

"Look at you guys." you commended Josh and Caspar.

They had you in stitches laughing by imitating cavemen and saying things like "fire pretty".

Throwing you over his shoulder, Josh said "caveman like pretty woman" dropping you back by the SUVs and Jack, who was just staring into the back of the truck.

"So uh, funny story. I blame Conor, really. We, uh...The thing is..." Jack mumbled.

"Oh, Jack. You forgot it, huh?" you laughed.

"It was on purpose." Jack tried to cover for himself, throwing his arm around your shoulders. "I planned it this way so that I could snuggle up in your tent with you."

"HA! Yeah, right. Not happening, hun." You laughed.

"Well, what's the plan?" Joe walked up. "Someone has to bunk with you, Y/n. Sorry, love. Three will fit in Caspar and Josh's tent and two will fit in yours since we already have three in ours"

"So this comes down to who I will let share my tent with me?" you asked, looking at the seven boys. You actually liked one of them, but did you want to risk making it obvious?