28: Akimi's family

Author's POV

"Yuki!" Akimi laughed as she ran up to her older sister. "I'm so glad to see you and Zen are together!"

"Hi, Aki," Shirayuki replied, linking her arms around Akimi's shoulders. "I heard you got a fiancé." Shirayuki glance behind Akimi to see the Sabaku Siblings.

"Right! Yuki, meet Lord Gaara, Lady Temari, and Lord Kankuro from Suna, the Hidden Sand Village. Everyone, meet my older sister, Shirayuki," Akimi said quickly. "Where's Zen?"

"Right here," the prince replied, his guards right behind him. "A pleasure to see you again, Princess Akimi." He bowed slightly.

"Same, your highness Prince Zen," Akimi replied. "This is my fiancé Lord Gaara and his older siblings, and this is Prince Zen, my sister's fiancé," she introduced both sides.

"Ah, pardon me," a neighboring nobelwoman said politely as she bumped into Obi.

"No problem," The bodyguard replied.

"Eh, looks like nearly everyone is leaving," Shirayuki said, noticing the guests trickling out.

"It has been several hours already," Zen added. "Should we all retire for tonight?"

Akimi nodded. "Alright then. We'll rendezvous tomorrow at breakfast."

.....is what she said, but now, Akimi was hanging out in the Sabaku Siblings' room instead. She leaned on Gaara's should as she talked with his siblings. Gaara played with her hair as he listened.

"So.....a princess?" Kankuro started. "I thought you were, you know....."

"Adopted? An orphan? Grandpa Kosuke was just my caretaker outside of home," Akimi replied. "Mother wanted me to travel outside of home and grow up strong, so Grandpa Kosuke took me back to Konoha and brought me along all his trips."

"Who taught you ninjutsu then?" Temari asked. "Is your clan ninja as well?"

"Nope. We're doctors, surgeons, nurses, and everything else under the medical field. We probably have the lowest rate of deaths around here. Our oldest clan member is over three hundred years old," Akimi said.

"So that's how you have the ability to work with herbs, medicines, and drugs!" Temari realized.

"Something like that." They continued talking for awhile until Gaara decided to intervene.

"Alright enough," Gaara said firmly. "It's nine forty now, and you need your rest, Aki. You'll be super tired by tomorrow if you don't go to bed."

"Hai, Lord Gaara-sama," Akimi replied, stretching. "I'll take my leave then." She leaned forward to kiss lightly on his chin teasingly before leaving.

The following morning breakfast was nothing short a banquet. The Lord and Lady were in no mood to get up so early (everyone else besides the servants were up at 6:00 in the morning), therefore, everyone lowered all honorifics and enjoyed themselves with plenty of food.

"This is my amazing family," Akimi sighed, leaning on Gaara as they waited for Temari and Kankuro to finish their packing. "I'm so glad to introduce you to them all."

"I'm glad to be a part of them one day," he whispered, feeling comforted by her touch.

"How was Mother's prank? I hope she wasn't too harsh."

"Although it was a prank, I learned that your mother is very thoughtful of you, the family, and the clan."

"She'll be happy to hear that from you."