March 5th 1850: Kuhmo, Finland

Innocents. You're telling me I have to kill innocents?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I woke to Arkadi's laughter, opening my eyes to see Vlad was still laying in my lap.

"Shut up." I growled jokingly, softly tapping Vlad so he'd wake up. His eyes flickered open, greeting me with a smile.

"Well when you and 'Vladdy' get the chance, Elder Kai would like to have a word with you two."

"Owkay." Vlad yawned, his tone soft and tired. I laughed at the way he sounded, gently lifting him off of me.

"Come on." I smiled, walking towards the door. He followed slowly as I opened the door and stepped into the snow.

I walked with my wings outstretched, letting them get ruffled softly in the breeze.I saw Elder Kai waving us over in the distance along with...

Kalevi.

I let out a frustrated sigh, a could of icy breath swirling from my mouth. Vlad glanced at me in concern, sliding his hand into mine. His eyes then widened, glazed with fear.

"Your hand..." He whispered. I looked down to see the white flame, instantly jamming my hand into my cloak's pocket. I shoved my fingers into the glove and slipped the ring over it.

"That was close..." I shuddered, breath shaky.

"It's okay angel..." He smiled, taking my hand again. As we approached Elder Kai, my eyes were locked onto Kalevi. He glared at me, still upset that in hadn't taken his life.

"Ah, hello Madelyn. Vladimir." Kai smiled kindly, nudging Kalevi.

"Hi." He grumbled, never tearing his gaze from me.

"I believe my son owes you an apology..." Kai said sharply.

"Son?" I asked, now starting to see a resemblance between the two.

"Yeah. Whatever. I'm sorry." He hissed, looking to Kai. "Can I go now?"

"Whatever. Go on you arrogant child." Kai sighed, dismissing him with a wave of his hand. He sulked off quietly, mumbling under his breath.

"I'm sorry about him..."

"Don't worry about it Elder Kai." Vlad smiled, watching Kalevi walk away.

I hovered slightly off the ground, taking the pain off of my frozen legs. Kai smiled, nodding to my wings.

"I see you've taken a liking to them, no?"

"I love them!" I beamed, grinning. "I felt a cloud!"

"But don't clouds not feel any differe-" Kai started, but Vlad cut him off.

"Elder, don't kill her dreams..."

"Alright, whatever you say. Anyways, that's not what I needed to talk to you two about."

"What'd you need?" I asked, twirling in a circle.

"Well, I have some unfortunate news..." He began, causing me to fall to my feet again in worry.

"What is it?" I asked.

His eyes looked clouded, and his eyebrows were knit together.

"I'm afraid your dawn of death is approaching rather quickly..." He sighed.

"What?" Vlad said, frantic. "But it's only the beginning of the month..."

"I know Vladimir. But I can tell. She honestly should've killed Kalevi when she had the chance..."