Febuary 17th 1850: Kozhva Russia

I regretted going back at first, but I realized that if I didn't, Leo would've won. He would've beaten me. And there's no way I was letting that happen...

---------------------------------------------

"You up?" Lukas' voice rang from above me. "We're almost home..."

I groggily opened my eyes, only to find out I was being carried by Lukas, the night sky glittering above.

"I'm awake..." I mumbled, rubbing one of my eyes. I still felt really weak. I realized that I still hadn't eaten... I think it'd been 3 days now. Or maybe 4...

"You okay kiddo?" Lukas asked, looking at me in concern.

"Hey, I'm not a kid. You're only two years older than me..."

"Yeah, yeah... I just think it suits you. You're adorable, you know?" He smiled, setting me down. I assumed this was the abandoned shack Arkadi's house was under, just by looking at the two onyx daggers crossed above the doorframe.

I could barely stand, but I managed to push the door open and walk inside. I noticed a metal hatch in the middle of the room, and tried to yank it open.

"It... Won't... Open..." I grunted inbetween attempts. Luka chuckled, before pulling a key from his pocket.

"Try this..."

"I hate you so much." I jokingly sighed, plunging the key into the lock. When the hatch was fully open, I jumped down onto the ladder, sliding down it with ease.

"Lukas?" Arkadi's voice called, worry hinted in it.

"And a friend of mine." He replied, warm gaze directed at me as Arkadi came into view. After Arkadi came Vlad, followed by Roman... Oh Roman...

"MADIE! Mother of Russia, you're okay!" Vlad squealed, tackling me in a hug. As bone-shattering of a hug as it was, I was happy to see him. I smiled, as faint as it probably was, due to fatigue.

"Can't breathe..." I laughed, pushing him off of me.

"Sorry..." He sheepishly sighed, helping me up. My vision faded a little bit, and I staggered backwards a ways.

Luckily Roman caught me, holding me up by my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" He asked. His voice sounded muffled, and I could barely see.

"Haven't eaten in three days..." I mumbled quietly. I could feel the weight on my eyelids, as if I could die right there.

"Dammit, why would you starve yourself? Lukas, do you mind making her something to eat?"

"No problem Mr.Romanov." Lukas chirped, walking into the kitchen. He smiled at me as he walked past, making me even more light headed.

"I'll take her out into the snow if you me too." Vlad offered. "It's good for a snowblind. That's probably what kept her running for so long."

I felt my legs give out as if on cue, only to have Vlad pick me up. Arkadi helped get me up the ladder, going back down into the house to help Lukas with the food.

"Alright Madie, here you go." Vlad smiled, laying me in the snow. He was right. The snow really did help me feel better. I didn't ache as bad, and I wasn't as hungry.

I allowed myself to curl up close to him, enjoying his warmth, yet liking the cool feeling the snow gave off.

"I missed you alot..." Vlad whispered, running his fingers through my chocolate brown hair. "I'm just glad you're okay..."

"Dinner's ready." Lukas voice rang out, totally ruining the moment. I looked back to see envy in his eyes as he sat down beside us. He handed me a bowl of Borcsh, a famous Russian soup made of beet and meat, also served with sour cream.