Febuary 9th, 1850: Vorkuta, Russia

I was always the slightest bit deceptive, so I guess it made sense. But it was the other part that surprised me.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Nikolai had been trying to explain this for the past 4 hours, and it was 3:00 in the morning.

"I don't get it."

"Mother of Russia, do you get anything Madelyn?" He groaned, shaking his head. "There are four types of assassins, do you get that?"

"Yes."

"Sensors, Deceptionists, Viewers, and Controllers. Got that?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, then you understand."

"But which one am I?"

"Which one do you think you are?"

"... A viewer?"

"WHAT? You know, you're really funny sometimes. Those don't exist anymore, they were legends." Nikolai laughed, along with Vlad.

"I don't doubt her." Roman said in monotone. He had been really upset since I had beaten him. "After all, she saw through my predictions."

"Plus, when we fought, everything went white, except for the people in the room."

"You're lying." Vlad scoffed, putting his feet up on the table. "My brother's not even a full sensor. He's half half. Half controller."

"BROTHER?" I asked. "You guys always leave out these details..."

"We're half brothers. We both have the same mom, who was a sensor, but my dad was a controller, and his was a sensor. So I guess you could see he's pure blood." Roman explained, carving something into the table with his hidden blade.

"That explains the hair I guess." I sighed, going off topic. "But I'm not lying Vladimir." I growled, calling him by his full name purposely. You could practically feel the tension in the air as I glared silently at him, flicking out my hidden blades.

"Prove it. When a viewer goes snowblind, their eyes go completely white. Go on."

"Snowblind?"

"That's what our assassin ancestors called it, though it's called different names is various countries. Now hurry up." Vlad sighed, drumming his fingers impatiently on his chair. I sighed, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. I set my mind on one thing as I did this: 'Energy'. Sure enough, Vlad, Roman, and Nikolai were all glowing red when I opened my eyes, the rest of the room white.

"Mother of Russia..." Nikolai gasped, Vlad on the other hand speechless. "She really is snowblind."

Roman stood from his chair, examining my eyes carefully. He flashed his eyes that black color again, scarlet glittering faintly in them.

"Tell me what you see."

"Well, until just now your eyes were red, but now they're black and scarlet." I answered, mesmerized at how mysterious his eyes looked.

"So it's true then. Viewers have a counter for all of the other types of assassins. And you're a viewer..."

"How... How did this happen?" I asked, looking in a mirror to my right. Oddly, I looked completely normal, except for my eyes that is.

"Well, it means you're part sensor, deceptionist, and controller. That very rarely happens, due to the fact that controllers are fairly rare themselves." Vlad explained, now in complete awe.

"So, that means my parents were assassins too?"

"No. Everyone has one of the three qualities in them, it just happens that assassins honed these qualities. And incase you were wondering, I'm a deceptionist. So was your father." Nikolai said. I drew myself out of being snowblind, feeling a little drowsy.