Chapter Six

Maybe it was nothing...maybe it was nothing I had just saw...oh who am I kidding? Karissa c'mon, you've been there yourself remember? I know that confronting your own daughter won't help much, since she will get offended...I know I can relate back when I was younger. I'm her mother and I know that I have to do something...and if I don't...well then she is going to be in that danger zone like I have been there before. She is going to have a hard time with this. I'm just hoping that she had begun starting this and not for the longest time. All I could think right now is mother like daughter unfortunately in this situation.
Karissa isn't quite sure how she was going to be able to confront her daughter, especially with everything that is going on. Should she confront now or wait until Carl is rest in peace? The thought of it was getting too much for her as she had an awful idea of possibly preparing another funeral sometime soon. She's not going to die Karissa for crying out loud, get ahold of yourself. I know I have forgotten what it's like to be young but not the mental part.
The rest of the night, Karissa kept pacing herself without any sleep until she had finally dozed off until everyone in the household was awake and approaching for the kitchen. Before they did so, they had found Karissa sitting on the sofa chair with her head tilted on one of her shoulders and her arms crossed. Carl's mother takes a blanket from a couch nearby, covering Karissa with it. Karissa flinches and moans but once again dozed off in peace. "C'mon everyone, let's let her sleep...I have a feeling she was up all night." Whispered his mother. Everyone then leaves the living room as they all walked quietly to the kitchen.
By the time the afternoon came, Karissa woke up not remembering what time of day it was. She gets out of the sofa, finds there was no one to be found in the house expect she had heard bunch of whispers coming from upstairs. She soon then became concerned, wondering why she is hearing whispers. She could indicate that she could hear Gracelyn's voice and sure enough she saw within the crack of her daughter's bedroom door, there was Gracelyn sitting on the floor making burn marks by pouring candle wax on her arm. Karissa saw several different knives laying on the floor that was surrounding Gracelyn as if though she was going to perform a special killing.
She could hear Gracelyn crying in agony with the wax dripping more and more throughout her inner left arm. She also could hear her whispering repeatedly that everyone is going to be okay. With having to witness her daughter's pain, it had made Karissa want to choke in tears but was able to hold on as she slowly knocks the door. The panic in Gracelyn's voice soon appeared and quickly blown out the candle and hid her knives in a large plastic Tupperware container containing the candle and Kleenexes, shoving them under her bed.
"Gracelyn honey, it's Mom. Could I come in?", "Ugh...just a second." Gracelyn says in a soft, calm tone as she grabs her housecoat and puts it on quickly, "You may enter.". Karissa opens the door and knew she would have to confront her, now or never.