Chapter One

"Gracelyn, Daniel, time to get up!" Calling Karissa as she was trying to wake up her teenagers for school, "I got breakfast made, hurry up before your eggs get cold!". She could hear moaning and groaning coming from the upstairs of the house as her two teenagers came downstairs walking down slowly as if they were bunch of zombies. "Mom, I am so tired." Groaned Daniel, "Well, maybe you shouldn't have been up so late playing with your video games." Karissa arched an eyebrow at him, "No, I was doing my Math homework." He lies. "Mom, why do we have to keep going to school, I hate it!" Frowns Gracelyn, "Because it's quite obvious Honey, you need your education of course and you should apply more into your studies rather than thinking about "boys" all the time." Karissa says while pouring herself a cup of coffee, "But Mom, you know how hard school is and plus Harvey and I always study together anyway." Study...ha! yeah right my dear daughter
Karissa has come a long way from the ordinary girl from a small town outside of New York to dealing with being in the big city as well coping with her issues. After Depression and Self-Harm had begun at Seventeen for her, she was able to get help that she so badly needed. At Twenty-Two, she had finally become better than ever before in physically, mentally and emotionally. She became very close with her brother and sister ever since the three of them had a meeting together a few years back. She still talks to them frequently and talks to her parents once a week or so.
By the time she was Twenty-Eight, Karissa had already took more education with a couple of Master Degrees in Psychology and Education in NYU and had finally decided to become a English teacher at one of the middle schools that her son Daniel goes to. After graduating from University, she became engaged to her fellow college sweetheart Carl McBride who had graduated the same year as Karissa in Engineering. They've both got married shortly after and had a small wedding in Karissa's hometown in Beacon, NY. It wasn't long until Karissa became pregnant with their daughter Gracelyn and decided to make her name unique by adding Grace as her own mother's name and Lyn after Carl's mother. And after Daniel came into the world two years later, his name was originally from Karissa's late Grandfather. The family of four had purchased a huge two level house where it still stands today in NYC since Carl makes good money as an Engineer for a large corporation. Karissa had missed when her kids were small but knew she couldn't change that since Gracelyn is already Sixteen and Daniel is Fourteen.
"Hi Honey!" Says Carl to Karissa as he makes his way through to the kitchen. He gave her a peck on the lips and sat down for breakfast with his kids "Breakfast looks great!", "Thank you dear, all it really is eggs and hash browns." Karissa laughs. Shortly after breakfast, Gracelyn and Daniel went upstairs to get changed but was taking their sweet time on it since Karissa was counting the time on her watch. "Hurry up kids" She calls them from downstairs, "I want to get you guys to school on time!".
    The two came downstairs eventually and said good-bye to Carl who was already leaving for work. Carl was seen as a tall, thin man with a little bit of brown and blonde hair and green eyes. Their kids were looking a lot like Karissa and Carl as Gracelyn had Carl's hair colour and Karissa's blue eyes. She was built the same as Karissa when she was young, tall and skinny. Daniel had Karissa's dark, brunette hair and Carl's brown eyes and was short and skinny.
    "Have a good day at work Honey." Karissa says to Carl as she kissed him on the lips, "You too darling." He says back to her. Karissa took her kids and dropped Gracelyn first to her High School and then her and Daniel walked to the middle school building as they always do every morning.