21. Meet My Mates

Start from the beginning

"Shut up Richards." I hissed earning a laugh from Ellie and Liam who once I looked at for a bit longer, I noticed had striking similarities.

They must've seen me staring because Liam spoke up. "Yup, we're twins."

Aah that explained it. "That's so awesome."

Kyle just rolled his eyes. "I'll be right back. I just have to greet someone." He whispered in my ear, his skin brushing against mine.

I swallowed. "Okay." Even though he was breaking his promise.

~***~

As it got darker, more people were coming. By this time I had gotten to know most people and had talked to Ellie a lot. While Kyle had broken his promise several times. 

"But seriously," Ellie started as we took a seat on one of the logs. "What's up with you and Kyle?"

I chuckled. "Seriously, nothing. He has a girlfriend."

Ellie groaned. "Eurgh he's still with Jade?"

"You know her?" 

"Everyone knows Jade."

"How is that?"

"She's the clingiest girl I know!" Ellie exclaimed.

"Tell me about it! She had a go at me for speaking to him!" I laughed at Ellie's surprised face.

"Speaking to him?" I nodded. "She's fucking mad." She muttered. "Speaking of though, how did you and Kyle start speaking because no offence, but you're not exactly his usual type of girl."

I laughed. "Yeah I can tell. But it's a long story."

"We've got time." She grinned.

And so I told her the whole story. What happened with Derek and Kyle? How he bullied me. How we became neighbours. What he's done to Luke. How protective he is. How stuff had changed.

"Wait you have a boyfriend?!" She shrieked.

"Yes?" I wasn't quite sure how to answer that outburst. 

"No offence, but why did Kyle bring you here then?" She asked a bit awkwardly.

"Well, as embarrassing as it may sound, our mums are making us spend time together." I mocked my mum's voice.

"No, I meant here." She shook her head. "This is the place where he used to take a different girl every weekend. She'd be one of those typical fake, skinny, blonde, pink bitches, most likely a cheerleader.  She'd be following him around, or trying to mould into one of our little groups. She'd say he loves her and that they're forever. Next week, he'd come with another one. Don't get me wrong, they all looked the same. Almost like clones." She chuckled. "But every week we'd meet a new one. That's until Jade of course. Once he brought her, she just kind of clung on. If they'd temporarily break up, he'd occasionally bring a replacement.  But apart from that, for the past few months it's been only her."