How He Hugs You 🧡

Team Karasuno
Shōyō Hinata
Believe it or not, but Shoyo doesn't cling to you as much as he seems like he would. He will give you hugs out of nowhere, but they don't last long due to his nerves getting in the way. Even when you offer to hug him, he'll get all flattered and shy. Each hug of his does indeed have a meaning behind them.
For example:
Front Hug: In greeting or goodbye, or celebration.
Behind Hug: In an apology, to comfort himself, or to keep you from leaving his side.
Double-armed Side Hug: When he feels jealous of other players around you.
Waist Hug: Also in apology, to comfort himself, and to keep you from leaving.

Tobio Kageyama
As much as Tobio doesn't admit it, he is quite the affectionate type when it comes to hugging you. He constantly claims that he finds it embarrassing to be hugging you, but you know how awkward he truly is. Although, each hug does have a special meaning to them.
For example:
Front Hug: In an apology, to comfort himself, or to greet you.
Behind Hug: When he feels his surroundings or presence threatened, to comfort you, to make you feel loved and safe.
One-arm Side Hug: To show others that you are his, or when he feels wary about a person.

Kōshi Sugawara
Of course, it's no surprise that Koshi is a hugger when it comes to you. He is sweet, caring, and gentle. He loves reminding you that he is yours. He can be just clingy as you at times, but each of his hugs has a specific and special meaning.
For example:
Front Hug: To make you feel loved and to comfort you.
Behind Hug: To make you feel safe, to warm you, and in surprise greeting.
One-arm Side Hug: When he off about a certain player.

Ryūnosuke Tanaka
There's no doubt that Ryu doesn't love having his arms around you. He's clingy, overprotective, cocky, and can easily become jealous. As much as you try to pry him off of you, he just loves showing you off. One way you'll accept is his hugs.
For example:
Front Hug: To make you feel safe, to warm you, before parting ways with you, and to comfort you.
Behind Hug: In an apology, to comfort himself, or to keep you from leaving his side.
Double-armed Side Hug: In surprise greeting, and to brag to others that you are his.
Waist Hug: Also in apology, to calm your mood, to comfort yourself as well, or to keep you from parting ways with him.

Daichi Sawamura
Daichi may not sneak off to hug you or surprise you with tight hugs on a daily, but he'll accept you with open arms each time he sees you. He teases you about your hugs and says they give him the relaxation he needs before the acting captain of a crazy team.
For example:
Front Hug: To greet you before parting ways with you, to make you feel loved, and to make you feel safe.
Behind Hug: When he feels unsure about someone, or to release his stress.

Kei Tsukishima
In no world, he would admit this, but Kei is quite affectionate when it comes to hugging you. He claims he's not, but he does remind you that each of his hugs has a certain and special meaning behind them.
For example:
Front Hug: To comfort you, to make you feel loved, to calm you, or before having to part ways with you.
Behind Hug: To comfort himself, an apology, or a to make you feel small.
One-arm Side Hug: When he feels his surroundings or presence threatened, and to keep you from leaving his side.

Tadashi Yamaguchi
To be honest, Tadaahi can be the clingy type. He doesn't mean to be and gets nervous about overstepping the boundaries and making you feel uncomfortable. Each hug does have a reason behind them, a special one too.
For example:
Front Hug: To make you feel loved, warm, protected, and to comfort you or himself.
Behind Hug: To also comfort you in apology, in surprise greeting, to make you feel loved, and to make you feel safe.