1

“Ughh”, I groaned listening to the sound of the crickets chirping outside my window, humming to the beat of my own song I tried to amuse myself.

Practically hearing the time ticking by it was driving me insane, I had to get out, and fast before I drove myself completely nuts. My phone buzzed on my bedside cabinet, catching my immediate attention, “Yes someone to talk to, finally!” I thought to myself, grabbing my phone and flicking it unlocked.

From: Jade

My place. 10 minutes. Run if you have to.

Sighing I thumbed back a reply.

To: Jade

Are you serious?

I waited a few minutes until I finally got a message back.

From: Jade

Yes, dead serious, now get over here!

Picking myself up I paced my room thinking of how I was going to get out of the house without my parents totally lecturing me and asking millions of questions. When I had thought up the perfect plan I dressed up, putting on a white tank, with black skinny jeans and casual flats to complete the look. Checking myself out in the mirror, mentally kicking myself that I was actually going out on my night off I walked downstairs and into the living room where my parents sat silently, eyes glued to the TV.

“Hey mum?” I squeaked out, waiting for a response.

“Mm, honey what do you want we are watching TV?” She replied, not once looking away to face me.

Shuffling toward the door more, taking full advantage that their attention was elsewhere, “I’m going to Jade’s to study”.

“Ok, don’t get home too late” She said, fluttering her hand in what she thought was my direction when in truth it was far from it.

“I won’t”, I grinned with accomplishment, walking out the door and closing it softly behind me.

As I ran down the path and continued down the street making my way to Jade’s place I felt my pocket vibrate, with a sudden stop I fished my phone out of my pocket.

From: Jade

And dress for the occasion. 5 minutes, don’t be late! ;)

Looking down at myself realizing I wasn’t what she would call dressed for the occasion, I slipped my phone back into my pocket and continued to run to her house, figuring I could just borrow something of hers when I got there, thank god we are the same size! Once I had reached her house, my chest heaving with exhaustion as my body took in how far I just ran, I once again pulled out my phone and checked the time.. 8:58, sweet still a couple minutes to kill. Opening my camera I changed it to the front so I could see myself as I fixed my hair and made myself look, semi-presentable.

“Shit”, I quietly cursed under my breath upon seeing a breakout of my forehead, realizing there wasn’t much I could do now, I slid my phone back into the pocket of my skinny jeans and knocked on the door. Waiting a few moments before hearing footsteps come rushing towards me and the door fling open suddenly, with Jade’s hand attached to the handle.

“Hey hey…” Jade’s eyes trailed down me and back up to meet my eyes, “Come dressed for the occasion, I see you took that into consideration”, she smirked, giggling at her sarcasm.

Smiling back, I replied throwing her sarcasm right back at her, “I thought since you told me that you would be too, obviously you took that into consideration”

“Ha-ha, very funny”, she said jokingly, “you should become a comedian”

“Mm, yeah I get that a lot”