Chapter 46

A month had passed since the tournament had started and Monsta X played game after game until they reached the championship. Jinwon and I went to the locker room before their game started.

I knocked and Wonho opened the door for us.

"Oh? Come in." Jinwon and I entered the room. "Kihyun-ah and Changkyun-ah, your girl friends are here." Wonho announced. Then everyone teased us. "Ayeeeee"

I saw jinwon blush and i just stood there smiling.

"Wow. Look at jinwon blush. IM, hurry up!" Hyungwon said. Then IM got out from behind the locker rooms and he combed his hair back up.

"Oh wasseo?" He came to jinwon and stood in front of her. As they talked, the guys kept on teasing them. "Let's talk outside." IM said. Jinwon looked at me and signaled that we'll just meet later. I nodded in agreement.

After they both went out, kihyun came to me.

"Let's go out too." He said.

We then looked for a vacant bench outside.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Excited. All the boys are in good condition."

"That's good. Be careful on the court. I heard that your opponents are the champions last year."

"Ne. We lost at the championships. This time, i will make sure to win this."

"Kurae. Make sure you give them the taste of defeat. Anyway, i wont stay long. Your game will start soon. Goodluck in there! Fighting!"

He smiled at me and hugged me tight.

"Thank you. I'll do my best."

I smiled and hugged him back. After that, he went back and i met with jinwon inside the court.

"How was it?" I asked.

"Well, they'll be fine." Jinwon replied.

The game started and the stadium is crowded. The cheers differ which made the whole stadium go crazy.

The referee blowed his whistle which signaled the start of the first quarter.

Jinwon and I sat there nervously, watching and observing the game. Two quarters had passed and it's the half time.

Cheerleaders came out and did an intermission number.

The opponent was ahead by five points. Jinwon and I sat there quietly and waited for the second half to start.

After the intermission number, the second half had started.

"They can catch up." Jinwon muttered.

The game went on and the cheers echoed the whole place. There are times that they caught up with the opponent's score but they catch up fats too.

Before the third quarter ends, the whole stadium was filled with gasps. Jinwon and I stood up and leaned on the railing in front of us. The referee whistled and the game had stopped.

"Kihyun!" I shouted. Kihyun was there on the floor, not moving. Is he unconscious? Did he pass out?

I ran down and went to him but before I could enter the court, Minhyuk stopped me by grabbing my hand, who was on the bench because he got cramps earlier. Kihyun slowly moved and he sat up.

"I-Is he okay?" I asked.

"He'll be fine." Minhyuk said.

Kihyun then slowly walked towards the bench but he was limping. He was assisted by his team mates and a medic came to him. I tried not to be a hindrance so i just stood there, waiting and looking at whatever happens next.

"You have to rest for a while. Can you move your toes?" The medic asked him.

He tried moving his toes.

"Ye, I can." He replied.

"That's good. You have to put ice over here, and you can go back to game before the fourth quarter ends if you dont feel any pain anymore."

"Arasseo. Thank you, maam." He thanked the medic before she left.

"Ya! What happened out there?" Wonho asked.

"Mianhae. That number 16 really have a hard body. When i tried to rebound the ball, he also jumped from behind me. His whole body weight concentrated on me when we fell." He explained.

"So it was his fault." IM said.

"It was an accident. It was nobody's fault." Shownu said.

Then Kihyun saw me and he attempted to get up but they stopped him.

"Nayeon is so worried about about you." Minhyuk said as the guys made way for me going to him.

"Come here." Kihyun said as he gestired to reach out for my hand.

I walked towards him. I'm a bit teary-eyed because I got so worried. I was nervous when he didn't move earlier.

I held his hand and I stood in front of him. He then held both of my hands. That was when the referee whistled and the game had to resume. A minute is left so the other members came to the court and played. Whole the game was going on, we talked.

"I'm sorry for making you worry." He said, still holding my hands.

"Stupid. I thought you were in danger." I said.

"I wasn't. I was just letting the pain to subside before i move."

"Next time, be careful in the court."

"Arasseo. But accidents are inevitable."

"I know."

"So, have you seen how cool I am in the court?" He then winked to me.

I scoffed.

"Why? Dont you find it cool when I play?"

"Of course you're cool." I smiled. "But you cant get ahead them."

He then quickly pulled me closer to him, our faces on the same level and only a few inches apart.

"Just watch and learn." He said before he gave a peck on my lips.

I was so surprised and a bit embarassed, thinking that although the game had started, maybe at least one or two person has been looking at us.

"Ya!" I slapped his arms and he just gave a large grin. I then went back up to Jinwon.

"So how was he? I bet he's perfectly fine." She said as soon as i sat beside her.

"How can you tell?" I asked.

"Giving you a kiss like that means that he's perfectly fine."

I suddenly felt my whole face turn hot. I blushed.

"Y-You-"

"Arasseo. I didn't see it. I wont tell anyone about it." She cut me off.

I touched my cheeks and Jinwon focused on the game again.