Chapter 4

Kihyun's POV

I'm glad her arms will be okay.

She went out of the infirmary thanking only hyung. What about me? Anyway how would she know that i came for her. To check if her arms will be fine.

"Why did you call me hyung in front of her?" Hyung asked.

"I just felt like it." I replied.

"Does your head really hurt or you just wanted an excuse to check on her?"

"My head is really hurting." I said as I closed my eyes. "I'll just rest for a bit so don't talk to me."

"I saw you running on your way here. So tell me, do you like her?"

I stayed silent.

"So you do like her."

I opened my eyes and saw hyung standing beside me, his hands on his lab gown's pockets.

"Remember the girl I told you before in high school?" I asked.

"Yes. What about her?" His eyes widened. "Don't tell me—"

"You're right. It's her." I looked straight at the ceiling, and reminisced the past.

When i was in high school, i joined a singing contest where i represented our school. I won first place and my school did a lot to commemorate my win.

When i was announced as the winner, i saw a girl crying. She was clapping her hands while crying and she was looking straight at me.

What? Did i make her cry? Is one of the contestants her friend or relative that she cried for them because they lost?

I suddenly felt the urge to comfort her. Man, i feel bad for her.

I was confused for a moment but when i held the trophy, i was overwhelmed that i forgot about the girl.

After a week, while i was walking with my team mates, i saw the girl who cried on the competition. She was eating an ice cream with her friends just outside the school.

She was smiling and laughing with them. When we passed by them, she looked at me and the smile she had vanished.

Does she hate me that much?

Then a guy came to them. He was one of my competitors in the contest. He sat beside the girl and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"Oh, Kihyun-ssi!" He called to me.

I looked back. He was waving and smiling at me. I in return, just had a pokerface.

"Congrats on winning last week. I haven't met you since the competition." He said.

I glanced at the girl and she isn't even looking at me. All of them are looking except for her.

"Thanks." I then turned back and we continued walking.

"Waaaaa. You sure are a cold person, Kihyun." My friend Hyungwon tapped my shoulders. My team mates laughed.

I only talk to my friends and socialize with people whom i think are worth giving attention to. I am aloof to girls who fan girl around me. They are a pain in the ass.

Whenever a girl confess to me, they end up crying and my so-called fan club in school discourages them from continuing their feelings for me. They are the worst.

But that girl, was that her boyfriend? Was that why she was crying because he lost?

"Kihyun-ssi?"