Chapter 43

That was so fishy.

Why is she suddenly asking me to be her friend right after she talked to me like that? And now, i cant believe i'm sitting with her in the cafeteria.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"Yaaa, is that how you talk to a friend?" She said as she handed me a sandwich.

"Since when did i agree that we'll be friends?"

"Yaaa, come on, nayeon-ssi. Dont be like that. I just wanted to make friends with someone as brave as you. Nobody has ever done that to me." She seemed happy about that. She's weird.

"Ya, are you some sort of a gangster or what?"

"Well i used to be during high school."

"I see. What course are you taking up?"

"Information Technology. You're an Electronics Engineerign student, right?"

"Eo, you're right."

"But how did you became close with the guys on the basketball team?"

"You need something from me, dont you?"

"Uh no. Of course not."

"Spill it out. I dont have an entire day to talk to you." I asked persistently. It really is weird to have her come to me just like that if she didn't have any reason.

"You're sharp, aren't you?" Her expression suddenly changed.

"I've been here for months without a single female friend. Ever since I met IM, I never felt alone. That's just when i started to soften with the other guys."

"So when it comes to girls, you're a bit sensitive about their intention towards you?"

"I dont know. But i think that i feel a bit awkward with them. I got used to hanging out with men all the time."

"I see. That must be hard on you."

"Ya, just earlier you were bullying me. How come you suddenly got nicer? Now spill it. Dont think i forgot about it just because i'm being nice to you right now."

"Arasseo. And I'm sorry about earlier. I was just angry when i thought you were some weak girl hanging out with them who only seeks protection from them or should i say, dependent on them. I hate girls like that. And you were so close to all of them. I got jealous too."

"Well, i was weak once. And it just so happen that i got closer to them."

"But when you fought back to me, i realized you weren't someone easy. And.."

"And what?"

"I know this may sound impudent of me, but, can you help me?"

"And in what sense can i help you?"

"I.." she gulped, "you know.. IM.."

"What about him?"

"I uh.."

"Ah! You like him!"

"Ya!!" She yelled at me. I knew it. She likes one of the guys on the team but i couldn't figure out who it was. "I'm a huge fan of Monsta X but I was really captivated by IM. He's just.. Argh!!" She suddenly turned into a fangirl. "He's perfect! I even heard him rap once during their practice and i was totally awed."

I laughed.

"Ya! What's so funny?"

"Nothing. Continue. What else do you like about him?" I said.

"Also, he looks cute when he smiles. I envied you. Because when he's with you, he smiles a lot."

"IM is a good friend. He's the first friend i made in my first day here. So you can say he's somewhat special to me."

"I know and I think he likes you. Do you know that?"

"He what?" I laughed. "Ya, stop with that ridiculous thought. That will never happen."

"Waaah. You're insensible, aren't you?"

"What?"

"Nevermind. Anyway, can you help me out with him? Just this once. If this wont work out, then i'll give up."

I sighed. Should i help her out? But i dont know what IM will feel about this.

"But how can i help you?" I asked.

"After their game later, will you set me up with him? I'll confess." She said courageously.

"But you can do that on your own." I said.

"I know. And i tried doing it once. But before i coudl even speak, he flat out rejected me."

"You have already confessed?!"

"Ne. And i was rejected. He said he likes someone else. But i'm fine! I will surely say it the second time even if he rejects me again."

"A-Are you sure you're ready? Will you be okay?"

"Ne. So please help me."

"A-Arasseo. But dont blame me if something goes wrong, aratji?"

"Ne. Kamsahamnida!"

I then let out a sigh. I can somewhat symphatize with her. I was struggling before too when i couldn't confess my feelings to kihyun. But back then, there was no one that i could rely on except for myself. And i admit i did a pretty good job until today. I'm happy now. I should help her in order for her to be happy.

But IM said he likes someone. Who could it be?

"Give me your number." I said as i gave her my phone. She then tyoed her number.

"Komawo nayeon-ssi. I promise i'll repay you in the future." She held both of my hands.

"Dont forget that." I said and smiled at her. I dont even know how IM will react but it's worth the shot. A confession is normal. I'll let her do her thing.

"I'll get going. I still have a class. See you on the game later!" She waved and then left.

After that, i then went to my class too. While the class was going on, i received a text from kihyun.

The opening ceremony is done and i miss you already. See you later! 💜

"This guy.." I giggled. Putting a heart at the end of his sentence made him cuter. Gosh! I want so squeeze him right now. I cant stop smiling.

"Nayeon-ssi?"

"Ne, saem?" Our prof suddenly called me. My smiled suddenly disappeared.

"Stop smiling like crazy and get your butt on the board. Solve this problem."

I almost forgot i'm in a class and i'm an engineering student. Problems like this do exist.

I immediately replied to him.

Ye~ See you 💜