Innocence

There are new characters in this story mainly a big part that you will meet later on in this chapter hope you enjoy. Any comments welcome.

I lay unmoving on the cold wooden floor with small tremors of pain wracking my body for what seemed like hours before I could gather enough energy to move away from the blood soaked floor.
I tried to make as little noise as possible, as I slowly crawled across the floor, in fear that mother would come back down which would only make things worse.
I finally managed to make it to the other side of the room into the warm light of the Windows, making me feel slightly safer, breathing as though I had run a marathon. Pain shot through my body as the scabbing welts tugged and split allowing more blood to run out in small rivers. Losing this much blood can't be good I though.
Black spots danced across my vision before finally engulfing me completely taking me away from the pain.

***

Kota's POV

As I strolled out of the woods I was met with a tingling feeling that had the hairs on the back of my neck raising. I was being watched.

I carried on walking making sure Max was still following close behind not wanting to lose him if there was a threat. I darted my eyes around slightly to see who was watching but couldn't spot anyone. I pushed my glasses up my face and made sure to make myself look as normal as possible. I was probably just being silly.
Picking up my pace I strolled into my garage letting Max back into the house, to scout and ensure Jess and my mum were ok, before turning to look out along the street.
That's when I saw them. Or should I say her. Innocent green eyes stared at me through the window in the bottom level of the house opposite. Scanning up and down the street as if trying to take everything in.
There was no threat in the way she scanned the street just curiosity.
I let out a sigh. I was letting the last assignment get to my head we had gotten away clean. No one would be able to trace the raid back to us. I was just being over cautious again.

I grinned at the small smile on her face she looked so young. I reached up to adjust my glasses then looked back to see she was gone.
I let my grin fall and a frown take its place. Where has she gone. I shrugged and send off a text to Victor to do a back ground check on the new family across the street. I was curious to see who the emerald eyed girl was.

I walked into the house heading to my room and took a deep breath smelling chocolate chip cookies cooking. I changed my course heading straight into the kitchen to see what the occasion was. Also to see if I could snag a few cookies.

"Hey mom, what's with the cookies?"

Erica turned around to face me a huge smile on her slightly tired face her green eyes twinkling as her brown hair swung round in its ponytail.
"I made them for the people that moved in across the street" she replied a massive smile nearly splitting her face,"They have the sweetest little boy you have ever seen he's only young around 1 or 2. He is simply adorable"

I let out a slightly disappointed sigh no cookies for me then. Then an idea popped into mind.
"Do you want some help to take them across the street?" I question not wanting her to meet new people alone. Also wanting to see if I could meet the young girl I had seen earlier I was intrigued to know who she was.
"That would be great Kota they should be ready soon".

***

It only took about 20 minutes for the cookies to finish cooking.
Soon we were heading across the street towards the new residents in the large three story grey house. As we got close the house seemed to loom over us. As we made our way up the stone steps I pushed my black rimmed glasses up my nose and scanned the Windows in the house for the green eyed girl but couldn't see her.
When we reached the door I raised my free hand and knocked four times on the oak door, listening for movement inside the house. After waiting about a minute  heavy footsteps sounded getting closer to the door followed by a small shuffling. With a resounding click the door swung open to reveal a middle aged woman with limp brown hair and muddy brown eyes that seemed almost too bright as she scanned over us with a slight sneer on her round wrinkled face.
"What" she snapped as she looked between me and Erica.
A frown appeared on my face why was she so rude. I hope Victor hurries up with the background check I was getting strange vibes off this woman.
"We saw that you had moved in and brought round cookies to welcome you to our street" I forced out in an even tone blanking my face I would not react to her.
On the word cookies the small shuffling got louder and a young boy appeared by the door with bright blue eyes, golden blonde hair and a cheeky grin partly covered by the woman's long red dressing gown as he tries to peek round .My mums smile that had slipped returned in full force as she looked down at the small boy. When he noticed her looking he raised his small hand and and waved causing Erica's grin to get wider.
"As nice as that is I don't like people being nosey so thank you for the cookies but I would appreciate it if you left!" The woman snapped glancing down at the small boy and grabbing him by the back of his blue and white striped shirt before ripping him away from the door before slamming it in our face with a loud boom.
I stood there in shock what the heck just happened!!