The move

Hi everyone, this is my first book and fanfic so please bear with me. I would love to hear your opinions and ideas about the book and any errors you may find. Thank  you for reading!

I stumbled as I exited the moving metal box mother had ordered me into. My arm still throbbed from where she had grabbed me, while dragging me from the safety of the basement I had resided in all these years. A purple hand print had formed around the top of my arm in a mockery of the jewellery mother was always wearing. At least that's what Marie had said it was called, when I asked her. My bare feet heated on the pavement as the sun shone down on the floor. I hadn't been outside in nearly 7 years, the sky looked so different to what it had when I had been watching it through the small window in the basement. The sun was so much brighter outside than it was through the window. I took one last deep breath of fresh air as I quickly grabbed my box off the seat in the metal box.
"Move it Sang!" Mother snapped at me as she pulled herself out the mysterious moving box with the aid of Marie. Her beady brown eyes flicked from side to side as if looking to see if someone was watching. Her eyes never came to rest on me they never did, even during punishments she wouldn't look me in the face.

Listening to the anger in her tone I scurried into the house looking for the door to my new prison.
***
After trying only two doors in the house I found the white washed door to my new home. I clambered down the stairs not wanting to get punished for being up stairs too long.
Placing down the single box I had brought, full of my worn, faded dresses, I gazed around the room. The basement was smaller than the one at the old house but I had an old sofa down here. At least I didn't have to sleep on the floor this time at least that was an improvement.
Sitting on the top of the plain grey walls sat two long Windows allowing streams of light to fill the drab room, giving the small room a character the old one never had.
I ran excitedly to the windows and looked out excited to see the world once again from a familiar view point.

Please leave any comments I would love to read them.