His Other Best Friend

His Only Best Friend (Part 2)

"Juvia..."

She turned to see Jellal, Natsu's other best friend. She smiled at him, her back turned to Gray.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

She just nodded then turned back to Gray.

Jellal coughed a little obviously so Juvia turned to him again.

"Listen, Juvia, I know this isn't the right time or place but I've liked you for a long time and--"

She covered his mouth with her hand and closed her eyes.

"Jellal, thank you... but I don't think I can date someone right now. Something happened and I'm really upset about it so..." she trailed off awkwardly, pulling her hand back.

He looked slightly deflated but then let out a chuckle.

"I figured. I still have a chance with my other crush anyways, and I heard that you liked Natsu but tried my luck like an idiot." He said.

"I don't... like him anymore." Juvia stated.

"Oh, well I guess I'm not caught up." He laughed again.

She giggled with him.

"Friends?" He asked her, his hand sticking out.

She shook her head and interlocked pinkies with him. "Best friends." She grinned cheekily.

*Gray's POV*

My blood boiled as I saw Juvia grin at Jellal.

First, he asks out Juvia who I tried to make obvious that I liked.

Then, he gets closer to her than I've ever been--

Scratch that, ever been until today.

So when my last nerve snapped, I turned Juvia around slightly and kissed her, making sure Jellal saw.

He looked shocked but smirked slightly.

"Jealous, are we now?" Jellal asked.

I scoffed. "Jealous? Never. I'm just giving her a friendly reminder that she's mine."

"Oh, I see now, Juvia. Sorry, I'll back up." Jellal said.

Juvia said nothing but blushed hard.

   Suddenly, she tugged on my sleeve.

   "Yours?" She asked when I turned my attention to her.

"Are you not okay with that? You don't have to be if you don't want to." I said quickly.

She sighed. "I-I like you too, Gray. But I have to ask Lucy." She said softly.

Lucy? Why would she need to ask Lucy?

I was going to ask her but I decided to just leave it alone.

*Juvia's POV*

    I looked over at Jellal who was busying himself by, I think, daydreaming or something. Then I looked at Lucy who had Natsu clung onto her. But she was just sitting there, glaring at me.

    I turned away quickly. I didn't need to see that again. My best friend hating me. It hurt.

We got back to school and went back to our daily schedule.

It was almost lunch time when I heard people talking at the hallway I was about to go through.

I peaked over and saw that Lucy and Gray were there, kissing.