She was so focused on the fact that someone as pretty as Kimberly was actually initiating conversation with her, that it takes her a second to register what she was asking.

She remembers and gives her a polite smile, shaking her head. "I'm a bit busy tonight, sorry." So she was lying, it wouldn't kill anyone. She just wasn't up for it tonight.

Kimberly frowns, her face turning into one short of an sad angel. She inwardly rolls her eyes at the act. She looks like the type to get her way with everything.

"Really? We were hoping to get to know more about you, seeing as you and Bishop would be seeing a lot of each other pretty soon. I'd love it if you'd come, even Bishop--" Kimberly cuts herself off as she turns around and grabs someone. Looking behind her, Kamani sees about five of her co-stars having a side conversation which cuts off abruptly as Bishop is pulled into her view.

Bishop raises an eyebrow at the way Kimberly snatched him away and sends her a look that questions why she was touching him. Kimberly ignores said look and smiles brightly, leaning slightly against his body confidently.

"Bishop, I was just inviting Kamani here to hang with us. You care if she comes right?"

Bishop looks at her and gives her a slow appraisal. Nothing he'd say would change her mind so she doesn't know why he bothers.

"No." Bishop finally says, making her pull back slightly in surprise. That was definitely not what she expected him to say.

Kimberly smacks his shoulder and shakes her head, clucking her teeth like one would do a child. She shoots Kamani a look like, can you believe this guy.

Surprisingly she could.

Kimberly points a finger at Bishop, waving it at him reproachfully. "You were supposed to say you do care if she comes. Get with the social cues B."

Bishop takes a step away from her finger and shrugs his shoulders, adopting a disinterested expression. His hands goes into his jacket pockets.

Because even though it was nearly summer, there still was a bit of a chill in the air.

"Well I don't care if she comes. If she don't want too then that's her choice." Bishop says simply.

Kimberly looks about done with his ass and she responds by pursing her lips and turning her back on him. She finds that slightly amusing.

Facing her again Kimberly smiles big and clasps her hands together imploringly. "Come with us tonight, I really want to get to know you. Please?"

And even though she was nowhere near feeling sociable or even comfortable, she agrees. After all, this was the time to be building bridges.

🐾

Kamani giggles under her breath and watches as Rico tugs on Kimberly's hair, sprinting away as she squeals and tries to hit him. Observing them she could tell Rico wasn't using his full speed, his tall body easily evading Kimberly's slim form.

Kimberly almost trips on the sidewalk and she hides a smile. It was very apparent she wasn't a runner.

"Fuck you Rico!" Kimberly yells after him. Rico stops and turns in the middle of the street.