Chapter 4

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I thought you were someone else." Camila apologized. She turns around and was about to walk away, feeling embarrassed that she mistook her boyfriend with the green-eyed girl standing in front of her.

"You shouldn't be alone at the beach so late at night." Lauren interrupted, putting her hands in her jean pockets. "If you want, I could stay with you until the person you're waiting for gets here." Lauren seemed hesitant to ask, but the girl standing in front of her made her feel.. comfortable.

"Since you're telling me that, wouldn't the same go for you? You shouldn't be here so late at night either." The brunette questioned. She was also wondering why the dark-hair girl was out here on her own.

"I could take care of myself. Besides, I needed a place to get away from everything and the beach seemed like the perfect place to be. It's the perfect place to be in full view of the moon." Lauren looked up and gave a small smile towards the moon. It was bigger than she has ever seen it. She love how it reflected through the ocean and how it brought so much light in such a dark night of hers.

Lauren didn't know where to go when she was trying to get away from home. The only light she had in this dreadful night was the moon. She got closer to it until she was at a place where she can see it very clearly. Thus, leading her to where she is now, beside  this mysterious girl.

Camila folded her arms. She looked at the young girl carefully. The minute she saw her, she looked so vulnerable, as if she were crying. Her eyes were red, but Camila can still see that they were a beautiful shade of green.

"It does look beautiful." Camila said, looking up. "But to your question, thank you, but I'd rather be alone if you don't mind."

"Then we're alike."

Camila smiled.

"Sometimes there's moments where I prefer to be alone too." Lauren sighed. Camila takes a good look at the girl up and down. She wanted to get an understanding of why her words sounded so serious. Camila; however, did know where she was coming from. She's had those moments where she thought it was best for her to be left alone, away from all the noise and everyone. Knowing she would have wanted that for herself, she thought it was what the girl in front of her needed as well.

"Then go."

Lauren's eyes look up to meet with brown. The brunette gave her a sincere smile, letting the other girl know that was what was best for her at this moment. The dark-haired girl looked to the ground and nodded slowly. She knew what the young girl was trying to do for her, and she appreciated it.

"Good night."

Lauren gave one last shy smile and began walking away from the water hitting her toes and headed back to her horse. Camila smiled and put her hands on her hips and watched the girl walk away.

Lauren was only a couple feet away from being a distance away from the brunette. She paused, biting her lip and played with her hands for a moment. The next second, she turned and started taking steps back towards the direction of the young girl.

Camila smirked and raised her eyebrow as she watched the girl return to where she was earlier.

"Are you sure your waiting for someone? Maybe you're boyfriend.." Lauren does her best to avoid eye contact with the girl in front of her. Instead, she looks towards the water.