Part 55

Ashton's POV

Greyson slowly made her way back into the room, her heavy steps capturing Luke's attention and making him jump up to help her. She smiled but politely declined his help as she sat down again. "So I talked to my dad," she started eyeing each of us. It had been a long conversation- at least half an hour. I hoped her dad wouldn't make them go home.

"And?" Michael asked impatiently, making Calum tiredly hit him as a silent order to shut up and listen.

"And," she said mocking Michael. "He said we can stay, but there are a couple of conditions."

"I told you guys my dad would say yes!" Sadie squealed as if she missed the whole part about there being conditions. Greyson laughed at her, though, signaling that her sister was right to react that way.

"What are the conditions?" Michael spoke up, trying his best to ignore Sadie who was dancing around the room.

"Well, he said that he is going to buy out the property, so we won't be paying rent anymore. Second, he says if we want to live together permanently, that he would be willing to pay to remodel so we won't have to share rooms."

"You're kidding," I breathed, amazed at the "conditions" Mr. Tremain set forth. They weren't conditions at all. He was literally just dishing out favors to us.

"Nope, but if you guys don't want us here permanently, we totally get it," Greyson rushed out, thinking that our stunned silence was not a good thing. "Sade, let's give the guys some time to talk, yeah?" She turned to Sadie and gave her a look before Sadie got up and followed her into one of the bedrooms.

"There dad must be awesome," Calum muttered breaking the silence in the room. We all nodded in agreement, still not getting to actually talking about the matter at hand.

"Alright," Luke said finally. "We all know I want them to move in permanently, so it's up to you guys to decide otherwise."

"I want them," Michael said as if it was nothing.

"Same," Calum said.

"I do too, guys, but I think we need to talk about this a bit more," I reasoned. "Luke, specifically about you."

"What about me?" he asked defensively.

"You can be fucking her in your room every hour of the day," Michael bluntly stated, making Luke scoff.

"I won't, man," Luke responded once he realized that that was a serious concern to all of us. "Guys, she doesn't want any of that anytime soon anyway."

"And you have to treat her right, Luke," I warned. "Her dad is about to pay to give us a whole new house without making us pay a dime. If you two break up, we can't kick them out. They'll kick us out."

"I will treat her right!" he said getting a bit insulted at my doubtful tone.

"In Ash's defense, mate," Michael started. "You haven't treated her the best so far."

"It was a lot to take in," he tried to defend himself, though his voice gave way that he knew Mike and I were right. "I'm good now. Don't worry."

"I trust him," Mike said looking to me.

"Me too," I nodded after a moment. "So, shall we let them know we've reached a decision?"

"Yeah," Luke replied. "Grey! Sadie!" he called, making Calum groan. "Sorry, buddy," Luke laughed petting Calum's curly black hair.

"We just want to say that you guys really don't have to say yes," Sadie began ranting as she walked in the room, Greyson trailing slowly behind her. "I mean honestly it's a lot to think about, and if you aren't ready to say y-"

"Welcome to the family, Tremains," Michael said cutting Sadie off. He stood from the couch and opened his arms for a hug. Sadie nearly knocked him over by how fast she sprinted over into his embrace. He laughed as he picked her up and spun her around.

I looked over to see Luke wrapping Greyson up in a hug from behind. He placed his chin on her shoulder and rocked her back and forth as he placed a quick kiss on her cheek. It was almost to quick to notice before the two of them focused their attention on Sadie again.

She turned to me and Calum who were sitting on the couch. "You're serious?" she asked in disbelief. I laughed and nodded my head, causing her to leap onto Calum and me in a massive bear hug.

Calum grunted loudly in pain, but I think Sadie was too excited to pay him any mind. "Sadie, Sadie, Sadie," I laughed as I gently pushed her off us. "We love you, but I don't think Calum can handle the bear hug right now."

Her eyes widened at the realization. "It's okay, Sade," Calum managed to get out as he hunched over in pain. "I love you too."

"Cal, I'm so sorry," Sadie started babbling again, and she moved her hands around Calum, wanting to help but not wanting to hurt him. She looked as if she was about to cry.

I think Calum noticed because he just looked at her and held his arms out. "Come here," he said opening his arms to her. She looked hesitant, but he just smiled at her. "You're not seriously going to leave me hanging are you? Come. Here."

She sat beside him and hugged him from the side. He laughed at her gentleness before grunting and pulling her onto his lap and into a tight hug. She squealed at the sudden motion and laughed. "I love you guys," she smiled pulling back from Calum and looking at all of us. "We're going to make a great family.