Part 3

"So you finally talk to the girl, and all you talk about was how you ate shit on the reef?" Michael said exasperatedly as he paced across the deck. I was seated on our little couch, my bandaged leg propped up on Calum's lap as he sat at the other end.

Calum chuckled at Michael's statement, "This guy, what a ladies man," he mused patting my leg.

"Well if someone hadn't pushed me off my board she wouldn't have even seen me wipe out," I said bitterly glaring at Calum. He raised his hands in surrender.

"Well, had you caught the wave and been fine, you would have never gotten out of the water and met her," Ashton reasoned walking outside and taking a bite out of a muffin he was holding. He jumped up and sat himself on the banister of the deck, wrapping his arm around one of the beams.

"So, basically, you're welcome," Calum said sweetly. I continued to glare at him.

"Did you at least get her name?" Michael said still trying to comprehend the fact that I met this girl after all these weeks of obsessing over her.

I smiled at his question, looking down and playing with my hands. "Yeah, her name's Greyson."

"Well next time you see Greyson, use your surfing to your advantage rather than your disadvantage," Michael said condescendingly as he grabbed a seat in the loveseat across from Calum.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked defensively.

"It means chicks dig surfer dudes," Calum smirked, gaining nods from both Michael and Ashton.

"Instead of taking a bite out of the reef, try showing off," Michael further explained.

"Oh or offer to teach her how to surf," Ashton suggested.

"Good one," Calum said pointing toward Ashton and nodding his head all while never taking his eyes off his phone in his hands.

I rolled my eyes at them, but none of them seemed to notice. "When's our first lesson today?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Our  first one starts at 10," Ashton said gesturing to Calum, Michael, and himself. "You have the day off."

"Excuse me while I go throw myself into the reef," Michael said standing up and walking towards the stairs. Ashton put his arm out and stopped him.

"Ash, I'm alright. I can help out," I said earnestly.

"I'd rather you just get some rest for the day; you can barely bend your leg, and let's not forget about your back," he sighed.

Deep down, I knew he was right. I didn't need stitches, but the bruising and swelling was causing a lot of pain. I sighed and ran a hand over my face, groaning out a "fine". I didn't mind having a day off; I was honestly pretty happy about it, but I felt bad that the rest of the guys would still have to work.

"We better start getting the boards in the car," Ash said as he pulled out his phone.

Calum placed his phone down with a sigh before carefully picking up my legs off his lap so he could get up. "Sorry, sorry!" Calum rushed when I hissed at the pain that erupted in my leg.

"No worries," I breathed out, failing at hiding the pain I was in. He set my leg back down before walking towards the door in the house.

"You need anything while I'm in here, Luke?" Calum asked poking his head back out through the screen door.

I craned my neck to get a view of him, before requesting a couple aspirin. He nodded before disappearing into the house, only to appear a moment later with an apple in his mouth and two aspirins and a water bottle. He handed me the water and aspirin, walking around the coffee table and down the stairs. "See you later, mate. Call if you need anything," Calum called over his shoulder, his words muffled by the apple still in his mouth.